Dartmoor 4 " Return Of Te Wood Smoke "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Seriously, thanks to each and every one of you (no exceptions), for the great chatter, showing, sharing, feeding, etc... I always know it's going to be great, no matter which new faces turn up. Met most of you before, but was great to see Igor, Trevor and Chris, for the first time. Thanks for joining us. I won't run through the list of names (you know who you are), but you all did a wonderful job.

Really looking forward to seeing you all again. Hope Rick and Badger can stop for longer next time.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Apologies to Darren for putting a little dink in one of his parangs! still he has backup!... and mandimoos axe is still sharp , ask Adams finger , thanks to the Bates boot company for saving my little toe ! But who would be splitting logs in flip flops anyway ?

Nice to meet you Trev, never had anyone cycle to a meet before , especially over 40 miles !
Great to see Joel again and for bringing Chris , if his photos upload sucessfully you are in for a treat ...
And as for Igor , well ! if the pics you showed us of your recently aquired spot are anything to go by , we have an international meet planned for next year , food for thought indeed!!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Mandimoo, thankyou as ever for being my full time carer /mum/sister/friend, and soo glad your life is back on track..Badger you legend , some log splitting display !! and topping up the emergency woodland supplies, also for winning fastest ever navigation of the bridlepath !!
Oh and please give Dusty an extra special cuddle from me , some dog !!

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
You told me to leave something behind Ivan, and I did, my plastic box the sausages were in, otherwise known as the floating fridge. As an adaptation for the future, a mooring rope would be a good idea.

Good excuse to come back!

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Just a short one form me.... Thanks to everyone for a great weekend!

A BIG personal thanks to our host and general laugh a minute, the one and only. If I felt a little blue heading back to the grindstone today, one image brings on the rolling tears (of laughter).

2z5q146.jpg

See you at the next one :)

Last edited:

MandiMoo

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 6, 2011
Torquay
i just wanna say i had the BEST time, i got a little squiffy on friday (ahem) and have the scratches to prove it lol, Lucy..thanx for our girly chats, Ivan...I love you mate, always here :) TBL....loved getting toasted with you,
so cool to meet new faces and get to know older ones better, stayed the extra night and found ooodles of bacon for brekkie (thanx Paul W) it was awesome as always, fabulous food (particularly the pork and chicken and stew and fry up and soup), incredible company, copious amounts of alcohol, and weather that was the best so far this year!!
I learnt so much and have plenty to occupy myself at home before the next meet i go to,
as always thank you to Ivan (who is a god) and everyone else who came and made the weekend perfect :)

MandiMoo

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 6, 2011
Torquay
oooh? forgot to thank Dave for my stick! :) its amazing and i love it.......it can also be used for controlling teenagers i've discovered lol x

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
i just wanna say i had the BEST time, i got a little squiffy on friday (ahem) and have the scratches to prove it lol, Lucy..thanx for our girly chats, Ivan...I love you mate, always here :) TBL....loved getting toasted with you,
so cool to meet new faces and get to know older ones better, stayed the extra night and found ooodles of bacon for brekkie (thanx Paul W) it was awesome as always, fabulous food (particularly the pork and chicken and stew and fry up and soup), incredible company, copious amounts of alcohol, and weather that was the best so far this year!!
I learnt so much and have plenty to occupy myself at home before the next meet i go to,
as always thank you to Ivan (who is a god) and everyone else who came and made the weekend perfect :)

Girly chat!...that is my reputation as a tomboy blown out the water! ....but okay do admit to giggling a bit at one point...okay quite a lot actually....okay so went TOTALLY girly for a while. I blame it on the absinthe. As always your company was very much appreciated, foxy.

Also important to say that I feel that foxy and I are both very lucky to have found one of the few groups of people in life where women are treated as absolute equals and can feel totally safe and respected - that is something very, very special. Thanks lads.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Hahaha! (only laughing as I'm too far away to clout)

Yep, still feeling a little fuzzy now... Not sure if it was the Wine/Rum/JD/Absinthe/Lager/Other.

Happy days!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Morning! they say in life for every up , there is a down, and i just don't understand why we all can't live in the woods like one big happy family ?
Anyway , we will have to rely on occasional meets to satisfy our desires . Dave 53 thankyou very much for my walking stick , and more importantly being a surrogate dad to Katie , coz sometimes i get so wrapped up with all thats going on , i forget she needs to eat ! so cheers pal for the mug shots and never ending suppy of chocolate , she had an awsome time and did not want to go home !
Didn't help matters much leaving her school things in the cabin !
Sounds like i may have missed a little female bonding !! (any photos lads?)

TBL i forgot you had kindly sharpened my knife , until i came to re-do my Brazillian !! shaving sharp !! Oh and thanks for posting my little friend's photo, most bushcrafters know that tale , but you never know for those that haven't had the pleasure , i may well tell the story , but i think its best live, around the campfire...

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
So... More Importantly, when's the next one sir ;)

I've already been mulling over a few dishes LoL!

P.s katie's an asset to you, from one dad to another.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE