Dark age meet up?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Cameron LOVES tablet. So do I for that matter. The sugar rush will probably make him hyper, but what the heck? He's going to be in the best place for it.

Had a bit of a scare earlier on. Cameron is currently rehearsing for a school play. He's in the drama group (cos' he loves showing off) and he has rehearsals Mon, Wed and Thurs of next week. "When's the play?" I asked. "Friday evening" says he. "Bummer" says I, "You won't be going to York then" The look on his face was a picture. He had to phone his mum and check. She told him it wasn't until the Monday after the holiday week. Phew!

Eric

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Me thinks this is the attendance list

Wayland and Debs
Andywinkk
singeblister
PJMCbear
Eiric and cameron
Toddy and Warthog1981 (Russ)
Firecrest and mrFirecrest
NickG
cobweb
xylaria, mr xylaria hazel and adam (sat)

Not sure from reading thread
woodstock
bikething
borderiever
morch

I have read through the thread so I probably made some mistakes.

Where is it? All i can find is a village outside york. Is it murton park?

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Me thinks this is the attendance list

Wayland and Debs
Andywinkk
singeblister
PJMCbear
Eiric and cameron
Toddy and Warthog1981 (Russ)
Firecrest
NickG
cobweb
xylaria, mr xylaria hazel and adam (sat)

Not sure from reading thread
woodstock
bikething
borderiever
morch

I have read through the thread so I probably made some mistakes.

Where is it? All i can find is a village outside york. Is it murton park?

modified a bit, I couldnt make Phil a costume as well as my own so he can't go (he is a big fella needs alot of material! Its a shame as he is a history fanatic. If we do another like this Ill get onto it sooner.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
modified a bit, I couldnt make Phil a costume as well as my own so he can't go (he is a big fella needs alot of material! Its a shame as he is a history fanatic. If we do another like this Ill get onto it sooner.

How big does he need Linz ? I can borrow big, small's a problem though.

atb,
M

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Murton Park is the place, it's signposted from the ring road as "The Yorkshire Museum of Farming" and is just off the Bridlington Road from York.

I will be there from Friday morning to meet and greet, if you could give me an idea of arrival times that would be helpful. Can people also confirm if they are coming asap. so I can start to allocate buildings.

Vehicles can only be moved around on site out of opening hours so at other times we'll have to use trolleys or wheelbarrows to cart stuff into the village.

During open hours we can use the main building and it's facilities, out of hours we have a key to a toilet / shower block.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
I plan to leave kent around 6ish pm so i will be arriving late into friday night.
I will be brining a large & small cast iron pot plus a viking frying pan, griddle on a handle, roasting fork & slice for autherntic style cooking.
I have got swede, carrot, parsnips fresh chives thyme & parsley, barley, split peas, lentils green & red, & oats, some stock & garlic chestnuts & mushrooms all for the stew, some salt & Pepper is the total ingredients so sing out if you need anything added or omitted for preference.

Cheers
Nick

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That just runs to 'medium' in our local Vikings :D
I've organised a kirtle for him, maybe two, and a cloak and hat. Can you see that he has trousers that won't be conspicuously non dark ages ? He could do with a belt too........probably Eric might be your best bet there.

atb,
M

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Thanks Toddy :) Ill see if i can get him along. Are you sure theyll fit? He has some dark grey tracksuit bottoms which is as close as it gets for darkages.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They'll fit, the owner is 6' 3" and has a 54 inch chest. I'm hoping these will go over the top of something since they're linen. The cloak is wool though so he ought to be warm enough.
We can use leg wraps to disguise his trousers if need be.

Russ and I ought to be on site mid afternoon on Friday. Maybe a little earlier depending on the weather :)

atb,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE