custom waistpacks possible group buy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
I have been looking for a waist belt made from Mil Spec materials i have found a company that have quoted around £50 per unit with a possible group buy. I am looking at somthing like one currently on the market for under £20.

however the version i am looking at will have D rings on the top to attach a shoulder strap, it will have a movable carrying handle on extended straps to allow other kit to be carried ie roll mats bed rolls etc.

I have not made an order yet im just gauging interest. I will not be making any profit from this i just wanted to put the offer out for other members on here.

regards chinook

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
That sounds like a cross between the 74 webbing (too small to be of any use) and 58 webbing with kidney pouches and poncho roll set up.

I don't suppose you've mocked up a picture Chinook?

Cheers

Liam

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Sounds a bit like a Sam Browne belt to me??

Is it like this but made from webbing??

sambrowne.jpg

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Sounds interesting but my one concern would be that it looks too military. I do like the idea but would need to see one to judge whether it would just make me look like a wannabe mercenary.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I may be interested, but I'd need to see drawings and a prototype before I would commit.
You might want to PM wanderingstar for advice on how to go about organising and setting up this sort of thing. He's done this a few times so far with the underblanket/quilt/cocoon group buys.

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
I have made something of this ilk for myself. It is designed to be used as a waistbelt for my old Cyclops bergen as the original was inadequate. I based it on the beltpack we used to carry so the bergen can be dumped and all the important stuff is still with you. It is padded and can have various pouches attached. I designed it so that I can use it for the cyclops or a day sack, or on its own. It attaches to the bergen with clips (which could also be used for shoulder straps I suppose) and supports the weight of the sack on the hips - much more comfortable than the original! I'll post some pics over the weekend if anyone is interested. And yes it can look a bit military but not if you use colourful pouches...

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
I for one look forward to seeing your pictures. As for the one I'm thinking of will look very much like the snugpak response pack. I think it will be made in olive green or dark tan.

As soon as I can get some drawings/ prototype I will post them on here.

Regards chinook

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I have been looking for a waist belt made from Mil Spec materials i have found a company that have quoted around £50 per unit with a possible group buy. I am looking at somthing like one currently on the market for under £20.

however the version i am looking at will have D rings on the top to attach a shoulder strap, it will have a movable carrying handle on extended straps to allow other kit to be carried ie roll mats bed rolls etc.

I have not made an order yet im just gauging interest. I will not be making any profit from this i just wanted to put the offer out for other members on here.

regards chinook

Do you mean like this?

www.uktactical.com/acatalog/PLB_Belt___Harness_Combo.html

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
i just feel it needs to be alittle bigger and made from a stronger material with better seams and some additional fittings and also extended straps

regards chinook

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
the sabercat is pretty much what i was after. but £120 seems a little steep for a big bumbag. looks like i will just have to work harder and hope the other half lets me buy one in the future.:lmao:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
the sabercat is pretty much what i was after. but £120 seems a little steep for a big bumbag. looks like i will just have to work harder and hope the other half lets me buy one in the future.:lmao:

I agree.

Have you had a look through the cycling kit websites? they tend to do a lot of waist bags with varying bottle holders and such. Tend to be in various bright reflective colours.

EDIT;- I'm not convinced that beyond a certain size something like the Sabrecat is just to big and heavy to comfortably hang around the waist without some sort of Shoulder or Yoke set up to balance the weight out and stop the bouncing that will accompany it.
Maybe some sort of chest rig affair would be a better option ?

HTH

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire

You've just missed one in the classifieds mate, Stuart69 gave me his to have a look at but it wasn't what I needed in the end. I think it went for £80 to somebody.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I recently got a Sabercat.
It's quite good, and there is the facility for adding a shoulder strap if it becomes nescesary.
I'm very impressed with mine.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I recently got a Sabercat.
It's quite good, and there is the facility for adding a shoulder strap if it becomes nescesary.
I'm very impressed with mine.

Graham , Whats it like for movement and general 'feeling' when loaded up? I do like the look of them ( cost -No ) Just wonder if they have the desire to migrate southerly when loaded?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE