Current Snowndon and Tryfan conditions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
Meant to be doing Snowdon and Tryfan over the weekend does anyone know what summit conditions are meant to be like regarding snow, ice and white-out conditions?
We are not set up for snow and my boots are in for repair so will be using aproach type trainers. We are fairly capable but don't want to risk our necks.
Thanks for any help.

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
Brilliant! thanks, I was looking for something a little more detailed. Had hail, rain and wind while scrambling down Snnowdon last time so as long as the snow is only patchy I think it will be well worth a go.
Thanks for the help and enjoy yout trip.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Stayed at Cwellyns campsite, did Snowdon and Tryfan this time last year. The weather was brilliant. Hope it's good for you too.
Colin.

Last edited:

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Got back from Snowdon Ranger YHA place yesterday. Wednesday weather terrible, visibility v low, minus 20 windchill on the top, sunnier yesterday but top still apparently not doable, according to bunch of lads who tried - ice, v slippery, v cold, windy, low visibility etc(My own trip was a bit of a fail too unfortunately, with wife & daughter with sickness bug - oh well!)

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
Just got back a day early. Managed Crib Goch on Saturday - Ridge line rather than path just down from it :D reasonably low visability and some drizzle but not too much wind and the snow had pretty much all melted and did the north face of Tryfan today in simila if slightly betterr conditions, climbed the guleys rather than taking the route slightly to the east and to the side of the butrases - was a bit slippery in places but manly just on rock / bolders in the level areas. all in all a fun weekend if a bit wet. Very windy last night though, wasn't too sure my tarp would take but it pulled through no problem in the end, but felt sorry for the lads nearby in the tesco tent.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE