Cultivated Shrub ID?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Just wondering if anybody here may be able to identify this garden shrub for me - neighbour tells me he remembers it being called "Bride's.............." I'd love to know what it is so as I can look up care and propagation info etc., thanks in advance,.......................atb mac

IMAG0265.jpgIMAG0266.jpg

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
How very strange - I'll try and edit it so it works with the image - Thanks guys...........

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If it's in bloom now, I think it's Bride's Blossom, one of the spireas, iirc. Google it and it should give you images to compare.

atb,
Mary

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Got it! Googled Spiraea and came up with Spiraea Arguta; matches exactly, and they have it as common name Bridal Wreath, 'though it probably has many common and folk/dialect names. Thankyou Mary, atb mac.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I found it in a garden opposite my front window and the thing that caught me was the way the blossoms pick up the evening light; about the last thirty minutes as the sun goes down they catch the light in a really magic way. I never knew there were so many different and fabulous shades of white. I now know enough to take a few cuttings and experiment to see if it would be as interesting if I plant it at the back of the house.........

Thankyou again for your help, ...........atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE