Crooked knife blade - group buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
Just had the update from Mike, steel delivery is causing him headaches. :censored: as he put it!

I've told him we all have itchy palms but i dont think overall it will put delivery back that much.

Possible end of Nov/first week Dec delivery (note the possible) Will update more when I hear back from Mike. :cool:

Jon, no worries ;)

Mike (Border Reiver), there is a reserve list for the next order if you are interested?

Ronin said:
Just had the update from Mike, steel delivery is causing him headaches. :censored: as he put it!

I've told him we all have itchy palms but i dont think overall it will put delivery back that much.

Possible end of Nov/first week Dec delivery (note the possible) Will update more when I hear back from Mike. :cool:

Jon, no worries ;)

Mike (Border Reiver), there is a reserve list for the next order if you are interested?
That's cool :)

M

Millbilly

Hiya guys, has anyone thought about how theyre going to handle there crooked blades? Im Currently in the process of trying to make something a bit like this...
crookedhandle002.jpg

I know it a crappy pic, but you get the idea. Im pretty new to this carving lark, but thought this would be an excellent project to get me started. Its a woodpecker, and the flat face where your thumb goes, is spooned out to make it more comfortable. Any one else started thinking about handles yet, or got any advice for me on my project? :D

Just read this and want to make it clear that the handle in the pic is not my work, but is one that i own and am trying to copy! The one in the pic was made by a Canadian (NS) guy named Bubby Moore.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Two weeks ago I cut myself a branch crook that I am going to use for one of my crooked knives. I think I will start a bit simple on this without any elaborate carvings. I intend to use copper rivets and rawhide to affix my first handle.

BTW Mike received the steel last week and was starting the project over the weekend.

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
No need to panic chaps :(

Have heard from Mike...delivery date will be on or around Dec 5th.

Sorry for late update..Pc is playing up something :censored: :censored: rotten.

As soon as they land on my doorstep, I will be sending out the next day to avoid the Xmas crush :)

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
Just had another update from Mike.

Just finishing our batch, should be shipping next week.

He has also sent through some cracking pics of the work in progress which I have uploaded to an old flickr account HERE :cool: :) .

:notworthy :)

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
clcuckow said:
Hope that last photo is not a real quench. It way, way, to hot.
My thoghts exactly! Could be camera sensor response, they can be a bit odd looking at hot stuff. But looks closer to forging than HT temp in the pic!

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I just got an email from Mike...my 2 blades are ready to ship, so I would imagine the lot is close for the UK too.

I have one piece of wood cut, roughed and slowly drying for a handle. Hopefully after the holidays I will get to it.

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
Hi All,

Apologies for delay in updating...have been stuck in Edinburgh...on a nightmare contract.

Mike is shipping the blades this week. I wanted the blades in before Xmas :sulkoff: but delayed steel deliveries and a lot of orders has slowed Mike down...he send his apologies but promises the blades will be worth the wait.

I know some of you guys wanted the blades as Xmas pressies but I can only sit tight and wait... :banghead: :eek:

Soon as they arrive I will start shipping....thanks for the patience.

Hope you have a good (if crooked knife free) xmas.

Sean.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE