Crooked knife blade - group buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
Hi All,

I have had no response from Mike for my last two emails and have emailed again today. I sincerely hope all is well with him and nothing dramatic has occurred but if I dont have a response by the start of the week, I will have to cancel the order.

I have had emails from a couple of stateside members who ordered direct and they are having problems getting info too(and they have no blades either) so it doesnt look good, sorry. :( :banghead: :eek:

I will automatically refund any Paypal payments and take the fees on the chin and all members who paid by cheque will have a refund by the same if that is ok. Anyone who wants to do things differently, just drop me a line.

Many Thanks

Sean.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Has this one been written off for sure then?

Ronin - No hard feelings mate. But if it has gone belly up please can you let me know about refunds.

Thanks.

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
Yep...looks like this one is dead in the water.

I have had no response from Mike in two months and whilst I sincerely hope nothing untoward has happened to him, I can only assume that he has bailed. :dunno:

1,000 apologies to all who have been waiting, I am gutted. But hey, as Jim said to me, just another life lesson I guess. :sadwavey:

All who paid by Paypal will be getting refunds from me this week (apart from those who have PMed requesting other methods). I will be sending out the cheques to all who paid by cheque next week.

Thanks to eveyone for their support on this one, sorry it didnt come off. :eek: :You_Rock_

Sean.

Reactions: g4ghb

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'm sorry it hasn't worked out mate!

thanks for all your efforts though! :You_Rock_

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Just trying to clarify something. Ronin, did you pay the supplier? If so are you having to refund the money from your own pocket? If so it seems a bit harsh that you are having to foot the bill for all the knifes and everyone else does not. I would like to think that the pain could be shared out a bit.

Given the time that has passed the PayPal fees will not be refunded so that is another cost to you. If you are going to be out of pocket I for one will contribute a little something to stop you getting hit for too much cost. A lot of us have benefited from group buys so it is only fair for us to share the cost when one goes wrong.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Here Here! - As far as i'm concerned you can ignore me and keep 'my' cash!..... if you have already sent cash and the blades do eventualy turn up perhaps i'll have a nice little supprise one day!! otherwise I have written it off so I can 'help' you to cover your pp costs as a little thanks for your efforts!

Bumblebee said:
Yeah, I'm with MagiKelly on this. Make sure you're not out of pocket!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
g4ghb said:
Here Here! - As far as i'm concerned you can ignore me and keep 'my' cash!..... if you have already sent cash and the blades do eventualy turn up perhaps i'll have a nice little supprise one day!! otherwise I have written it off so I can 'help' you to cover your pp costs as a little thanks for your efforts!

Same here Buddy,
And a big thumbs up for trying - it can't be easy

ATB

Ogri the trog

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
g4ghb said:
I agree. I don't want a refund. It was so long ago I have said goodbye to it too. As was said elsewhere, we have all done well out of group buys and other deals in the past and if we are to be a real community, we should support one another when something or someone fails to deliver.
Good on you for trying mate! :You_Rock_

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Don't bother sending the money back, it was only a few quid and it's not your fault that the deal went tits up so theres no reason it should cost you anything.

Regards Scott.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
MagiKelly said:
Just trying to clarify something. Ronin, did you pay the supplier? If so are you having to refund the money from your own pocket? If so it seems a bit harsh that you are having to foot the bill for all the knifes and everyone else does not. I would like to think that the pain could be shared out a bit.

Whilst I agree about sharing the burden I'd just like to know the answer before making such a gesture. I actually suspect he hasn't paid yet.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
scruff said:
Whilst I agree about sharing the burden I'd just like to know the answer before making such a gesture. I actually suspect he hasn't paid yet.
Well that could be easily proven by a Paypal receipt published here wouldn't it?

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
Thanks for the support guys :grouphug: :You_Rock_ (Big hand Mr. Kelly)

But as Scruff so eloquently pointed out, I hadnt sent any payment across. Mike was insistent that he deliver the blades before payment :confused:

So everyone will get a full refund and I will absorb the PayPal fees where applicable. I will send out the cheques next week to all who paid by cheque.

I have started the PayPal refunds already and whilst I am genuinely touched by everyones support, I would be happier knowing eveyone has had their refunds. :)

Big hand to Schwert and Jim FBtE for their updates and feedback on this one. Spare a thought for Jim who did pay for his blades but has yet to see them. :dunno:

Hey, sometimes you're the bat, sometimes you're the ball.

Thanks again

Sean.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
For some inexplicable reason it seems I am the only recipient of any of the blades. I am glad that Sean did not prepay and sorry that Jim did.

I have had no contact with the maker since my blades arrived even though I have tried several times. I am in the process of getting one of them handled and hoped to see plenty of others do so too.

I do thank Sean for giving this a go, and wish it would have turned out better for all.

Here is where I stand with one of my blanks. I actually think this will make a nice crooked knife….sorry to show what could have been.

crookedcrop50110jq.jpg

crookedplus50046ka.jpg

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Phew!

I thought that would be the case. Seemed with Mike being under pressure to get them done and was unsure about being able to deliver he wouldn't ask for payment until he had em done.

Thanks again Sean - I can appreciate it must have been a bit of a stress.

:grouphug: :thanks:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE