Crooked knife blade - group buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
Have sourced some cheap crooked knife blades, rough forged, ready for handles. Optional satin and mirror finishes available.

$10.00 per blade, $3 shipping (depending on 10+ orders) Works out at about £7.60 per blade (basic) :D

Anyone interested? :)

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Likewise. I have a spoon knife but a proper crooked knife woould be handy and I guess fabricating a handle would be reasonably straightforward. Pics would be great.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Ronin said:
Have sourced some cheap crooked knife blades, rough forged, ready for handles. Optional satin and mirror finishes available.

$10.00 per blade, $3 shipping (depending on 10+ orders) Works out at about £7.60 per blade (basic) :D

Anyone interested? :)
I would like to see a picture of one but am interested also :)

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
one for me, please! Ronin, when you say rough forged, do you mean the blade surface is kind of rough and black, or do you mean it doesn't have bevels or anything? That said, I'll still have a go! Maybe I could find somebody on british blades that could grind an edge if need be.

A big thumbs up for Ronin for organising it!

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
(picks himself of the floor and dusts off the footprints) ;)

Here the basic specs.

These are 01 tool steel crooked knives, not hook knives. As used for hogging and stripping wood a la Pinnock Smith etc...

The temper can be specified (if you feel you need too) but the forger knows the work the blades will be doing.

The blades are forge black, shaped and just need to be sharpened. The tangs are also drilled for pins at no extra charge.

The curvature is straight with the return over the last 1"-11/2" or so. But you can specify a more aggressive curve if you wish.

Thickness is about 1/8" or about 3.175 mm.

Pricing $10 for basic blade add $10 for a satin finish, add $20 for a mirror finish (apparently takes time to avoid a heat problems with the temper at the edge of the profile)

Pictures are being updated and I will stick them up once they are here.

One caveat: I am buying these sight unseen, I have had some good discussions with maker and he seems cool :cool: but at the price, I could'nt say no. The killer was the postage but with a group buy....happy days :D :D

Sounds like everyone is a bit keen then. :D :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE