Crooked knife blade - group buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Ronin said:
Have sourced some cheap crooked knife blades, rough forged, ready for handles. Optional satin and mirror finishes available.

$10.00 per blade, $3 shipping (depending on 10+ orders) Works out at about £7.60 per blade (basic) :D

Anyone interested? :)

I am always up for another crooked knife. Do they have a bent tang? I'll go with the mirror finish. They are not easy to sharpen.

PG

M

Millbilly

Ronin said:
No need to panic chaps :(

Have heard from Mike...delivery date will be on or around Dec 5th.

Sorry for late update..Pc is playing up something :censored: :censored: rotten.

As soon as they land on my doorstep, I will be sending out the next day to avoid the Xmas crush :)

Hiya,
Should we have recieved these yet?
If not, do you have anyideas as to an approximate delivery date? :confused:

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Im starting to get a bit concerned as to when these will arrive, any ideas?

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I am glad I am not alone in feeling a bit concerned. It's not the money, as it was small beer, but the principle.
Some news would be good. :rolleyes:

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I would not be too worried guys. I just got an email from Mike...my package was returned to him and he has just sent it off again. I mentioned that you would like an update so hopefully he will contact Ronin.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
My blades arrived. Three with slightly different but strong curves. I will get some photos this weekend and post next week.

Cleanup does not look like it will be too bad. Bottom is pretty flat and the edge is ground nicely. Forging scale should come off the bottom and edge pretty easily and tuning to an edge....well we will see.

This is going to be a fun project....and if it all goes pear shape on me...well I learned something....hopefully.

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
Hi guys,

1,000 apologies for the late update. I have just got back into the UK. Mike has emailed me (first time in a month) and said he was tempering all the blades over last and into this week then shipping as one batch.

I am not happy with the delays at all but I cant do much about it other than apoogise for them. I am doing my best to keep this rolling but work commitments are getting in the way.

Glad to hear the blades came through for you Schwert.

Thanks

Sean.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Thanks for the update. :)
Ronin said:
Hi guys,

1,000 apologies for the late update. I have just got back into the UK. Mike has emailed me (first time in a month) and said he was tempering all the blades over last and into this week then shipping as one batch.

I am not happy with the delays at all but I cant do much about it other than apoogise for them. I am doing my best to keep this rolling but work commitments are getting in the way.

Glad to hear the blades came through for you Schwert.

Thanks

Sean.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I was too lazy last weekend to shoot photos or even start work on my blades.

It seems Mike was a bit delayed on these, but once they arrive I predict there will be many busy hands cleaning these up and fitting handles.

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
No one ever died for want of a crooked knife, at least not here in Yorkshire. Anyhow, if I needed it urgently I would've got one off the shelf, not custom made for my grubby little paws. I can wait until their ready, Ronin.

Ronin

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2004
Penzance, Cornwall
Right, I am back in the UK full time now. I have emailed Mike (twice) and have had no response so far. I know he is tempering the blades but I am getting fairly p*ssed off at the delay.

The project I originally wanted the blades for has come and gone :aargh4: :cussing: :AR15firin so this is now purely going to be making sure everyone gets their blades.

I can only apologise but until Mike gets back to me I am up a proverbial bloody gum tree. :sad6:

Not happy.

Sean.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Ronin said:
Right, I am back in the UK full time now. I have emailed Mike (twice) and have had no response so far. I know he is tempering the blades but I am getting fairly p*ssed off at the delay....

<shrug>

S**t happens. Don't have a cow, man ;)

Seriously, this kind of informal(ish) thing often goes this way. Look at the folk pleading for their Bearclaw knife ETA. I hope it doesn't screw things up for you too badly.

I'm trusting they'll be worth the wait.

Jim.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE