Crook / Spoon knife storage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
C

Cypher2001

How does everyone currently store their crook knife. I currently have no set plan other than wrapping it in a bit of stuff (leather/paper/etc). Something just to protect the edge (and everything else its stored with). I was looking for something more permanent.

Has anyone thought of a sheath for these knives? How are you storing them today? Ideas?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I improvised a sheath. I had a bit of bicycle innertube to hand (use it for stretching over knife handles, tinder etc.). Anyway, I stapled one end shut, pulled it over the blade and handle - tada blade safe, fingers safe. Seems to work

Red

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
Store mine in a clear plastic tube thingy (similar to those available in a group buy for keeping knives in on here recently-sorry can't remember details). Mine came free with some ridiculously priced drills in it at work. Will keep an eye out for another for you if you like. ;)

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I use a bit of thin leather with a thong tied to it. Somewhere on the pics pages there was a wooden carved "case". I think it had a cover that swung over the side.

Oct 16, 2003
Surrey
Among others, I have the small crooked knife that you can get on the Ray Mears website (sorry name escapes me). This fits snugly into one of those plastic tubes of effevescent Vit C. tablets you can by from Tesco and the like.

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
I found a length of large bore bamboo at B&Q, cut a piece to fit the knife into, blocked up one end and made a cap to fit the other. All I have to do now is sand it and varnish it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE