crook knife makers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
is there anyone on here who can make me a crook knife. im not after anything flashy, just a good sharp blade that i can handle myself. it doesn't even need to look pretty, so long as it holds a good edge.

i had thought about making my own as i've got a few old blades and bits of steel i could try curving but i wouldn't know where to begin and probably don't have the right tools.
cheers guys an girls
munki

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Dave Budd usually has crook knife blades for handling on his site I think. I bought one off of him and handled it last year and it's the business :)

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have a couple from Ben Orford and more than happy with them.
I also have an Indian crook knife from FGYT and really happy with that too.

Lyope

Tenderfoot
Sep 6, 2012
London
www.lyope.com
I've got crook knives from Ben and Nic and they're both fantastic. If you go to one of the well-established UK or Swedish makers, you really can't go far wrong. The choice is simply a matter of personal preference on blade shapes and styles.

My top favourite for spoon carving at the moment is Ben's flatter crook knife - it's *so* much easier to work with and to sharpen than something crude like a Mora. I've just bought one of his Twca Cams for making bigger bowls and I can't believe how good it is.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE