In Praise of the Svord Mini

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aristotle

Forager
Jan 13, 2010
NW England
I bought this knife a few years ago, after buying the bigger one. I use it regularly, and it takes quite a hammering (literally, if using it for battening) in construction work, DIY, Scouts projects, bush/camping work, including cooking and general pocket knife duties.

The steel is good and it comes up sharp quite easily. The extended tang is a really good feature that allows it to be used more safely than a conventional non-locking folder. the basic handle (when cut down a bit) is good, doesn't swell like an Opinel and could be easily replaced DIY.

In my view, the Mini is a far more useful size than the larger one for carrying about and is within the UK laws for being able to carry it on your person without "good reason". Interestingly, though, friends have commented that they wouldn't like to be seen by the Police with one. It possibly does look bigger than it is. I don't carry it around town as a rule and I wouldn't choose to take it to a city centre pub, just in case.

For me, the bigger one doesn't really have any advantages over a fixed blade knife and the bigger one doesn't get a lot of use.

The Svord Mini is brilliant.

I deliberately didn't clean it up for the photo:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE