Crocs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Crocs, Love Em or Hate Em

• Love Em

Votes: 143 43.3%
  • Hate Em

Votes: 187 56.7%

• Total voters

Mang

Settler
Good advice doctor spoon, thanks - taken :sulkoff: I'm sure we can all learn something from each other Mang.
OK OK "worn by morons" is fully retracted with my sincerest apologies for any one offended by the remark - as this is not really a thread on bushcraft it was meant as somewhat light hearted - but not recieved as such :eek: .
Need to be more careful in the future :lol:

...:approve:

Ropeman

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
Aberdeen
Good advice doctor spoon, thanks - taken :sulkoff: I'm sure we can all learn something from each other Mang.
OK OK "worn by morons" is fully retracted with my sincerest apologies for any one offended by the remark - as this is not really a thread on bushcraft it was meant as somewhat light hearted - but not recieved as such :eek: .
Need to be more careful in the future :lol:

You just stick to your pretty and unfashionable shoes then.

What are they, out of interest? Just so I know what the non herd-following person around town is sporting this season.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Is this some kind of bizzar dream or did I really just get an email informing me you lot are actually having a fall out over plastic sandals?

:umbrella:

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
I was initially unconvinced, I bought the wife a pair last Summer and she lived in them singing their praises continually.

She bought me a pair for an easter present this year, OG Kaymen Crocs, they are great and I live in them. I also bought a pair of the heavier duty Off Road Crocs on holiday earlier this year. They have an enclosed toe and a more heavy duty sole and foot bed.

I use them for knocking around home, walking the dog in the forest, working on the car yesterday, work including visiting clients etc. etc. I just love them.

That said they are trendy, and I don't give a monkeys. The trendy types might actually be on to something for once. They are light, tough and functional.

I can confirm that you get no more stones in than you do in Teva sandals and they are as comfy for a fraction of the cost.

Our two year old lives in his too.

Mrs. Big Bad Stu pointed out that seldomly is a product so bi-polar in reaction (akin to Marmite). A lot of the opinions expressed seem to be from people who have no direct experience of the product concerned.

All I can say is get a pair and try them in private, you will be amazed.

Stewey.:D

leon-1

Please, they are not "JUST plastic sandles" :p :p :p

No, of course not, they are "foamy plastic sandals":rolleyes:

I must admit to liking the bushcraft fashion victim statement though, that was a bit of a giggle.

Back on track.

I don't own a pair, don't intend on owning a pair and don't really care what they look like and yes I have checked the link. I just wonder how much pollution it takes to make enough for one forum, say 9000 pairs.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Just so you can all take the mick (even more than normal) I bought a set a couple of days ago... very comfortable... they even come with a brown paper bag, complete with a couple of holes........

pentrekeeper

Forager
Apr 7, 2008
North Wales
You just stick to your pretty and unfashionable shoes then.

What are they, out of interest? Just so I know what the non herd-following person around town is sporting this season.

hunters.jpg

These are my very capable every day wear, and I don't go into towns very often !
:) :D

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Is that in case the crocs get embarrassed being seen in your company:rolleyes:

Sorry had to be done:D:D

:D :D

Ah now wellies are another matter, I can't stand them, I've tried a few sets and they're heavy and uncomfortable, you rather use walking boots and gaiters or just get muddy.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My farmer mates realy do "follow the herd" wearing these!:D
A bit warm in summer though....
sorry - just noticed you are from North Wales.....ideal footwear for a Welsh summer:D

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
The Hunter Wellington is a style classic that seems to straddle every section of society, from farmers to fashion icons, and royalty to rock stars. In recent years, this humble rubber boot has been transformed from a much-ridiculed product that lent its name to the 'Green Welly Brigade' to become the footwear of choice to go with a Glastonbury backstage pass for the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow, Cat Deeley and Donna Air.

Madonna, desperate to perfect her image as a genteel Lady of the Manor, potters around her Wiltshire estate in a pair, while Angelina Jolie somehow gave Hunters sex appeal when she slipped on a scarlet pair in Mr And Mrs Smith. Co-star Brad Pitt certainly thought so...
http://www.wellieboots.com/index.html?action=65

Now who's wearing the trendy rubber practical comfortable footwear that all the stars are wearing? :lmao:

pentrekeeper

Forager
Apr 7, 2008
North Wales
http://www.wellieboots.com/index.html?action=65

Now who's wearing the trendy rubber practical comfortable footwear that all the stars are wearing? :lmao:

Take the Mick all you want, wellies are traditional country wear, the facionados stole them from the countryside and tried to make them trendy - different ball game.

Lithril - my nephew is the same he can't wear wellies makes his feet sweat - unlucky.

John - true you don't have to look very hard to find water here.

Just to put the thread back on course good wellies are in a different class to crocs look how many parts are skillfully crafted and put together by highly skilled craftsmen :D
BootParts.jpg

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I don't get on with wellies and i don't seem to get on with crocs, I tried some on yesterday and they were too tight or too loose for me. But I probably would wear them if they fitted me. I think that the poll should have had a don't care option as well, love or hate is quite limited.

I don't really understand the hate thing, I always presume that anyone that doesn't like them would just not buy them, they might even think that those that do buy them are silly but is seems the disdain for the crocs gets transferred to the owners of them, I thought that only happened with biting dogs :Thinkingo

Anyway, I think that for some crocs seem to be great, I think that they would be good camp footwear, light, waterproof, you can often pick them up cheap, and many people find them very comfortable. I think that i'm disappointed they didn't seem to fit me :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE