Crocs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Crocs, Love Em or Hate Em

• Love Em

Votes: 143 43.3%
  • Hate Em

Votes: 187 56.7%

• Total voters
I have a pair of cheap copies that the wife bought out of Asda. Perfect for kayaking snowboarding and hiking for when you come off the water/snow/hill easy to slip on in when you are cold wet and they let the feet breathe and relax after being in tight wet suit boots, snow boarding boots or walking boots. weigh bugger all and really easy to clean. Ok they look like poo and are about as popular as a hedgehog in a condom factory. But I aint going to care as they serve a purpose and do it very well.

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
they are very marmit. my brother pretty much makes a living selling them from a shop on scarboro beach.

Last edited:

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I hated them, till I got some clones for around the house to replace slippers that kept falling apart. Awesome comfort, even the cheap clones are rugged. Def thinking about apair for camp use, mind you Hawthorn thorns go right through with ease. Ouch!

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I 've got a cheap imitation pair which I wear on the boat. They let the salt water in and out..great. Wearing them ashore is not a good idea as Spanish shop assistants have the habit of chucking buckets of soapy water onto the shiney pavement tiles outside their shops..

Outside the local Masymas Supermarcardo I performed a triple loop and half back somersault while holding two bags of shopping.
Must buy some footwear with deep treads on...:lmao::lmao:

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
If I'm not in my walking boots, I'm in Crocs. Wear them at work. Got "Off-Roads" for out and about. And another old worn pair which are for car mechanics, painting & decorating and the like.

A lot of crofters have given up wellies for crocs - in the summer at least. Can jump in and out of boats, walk through bogs etc and just let your feet dry off afterwards while on the move.

BarryG

Nomad
Oct 30, 2007
NorthWest England
Got to admit, they are handy. If I'd wore flip-flops or sandals, half the amount of time I've spent wearing my croc's, I'd have lost at least one toenail by now.

Culloch

Forager
Jun 22, 2008
Australia
They were very in vogue in Afghan and Iraq for a while,aftr wearing your boots for upto 48hrs putting a pair of crocs on was luxury as your feet could air whilst you were free to walkabout in relative safety. Not the most Ally bit of kit but the EFI used to sell every pair they got in!

iamasmith

Forager
Aug 12, 2009
London
I hated them but had never had a pair, never liked the looks etc. but I was away on holidays and constantly got sand under the straps of my Tevas and it wore some huge blisters into my feet.

I was SO glad to get a pair of Crocs locally. Very comfortable and without that particular problem.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I'm a big fan of Crocs and have posted to that effect elsewhere in this thread.

However, cause for criticism has recently come to light; they are absolutely totally b****y useless in snow!
All them holes ... :(

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
I'm a big fan of Crocs and have posted to that effect elsewhere in this thread.

However, cause for criticism has recently come to light; they are absolutely totally b****y useless in snow!
All them holes ... :(

axle.jpg

:p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE