Crocs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Crocs, Love Em or Hate Em

• Love Em

Votes: 143 43.3%
  • Hate Em

Votes: 187 56.7%

• Total voters

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I own a pair of "Holysoles" - just like Crocs
They areUgly and are too popular to be anything but cheap and nasty....
but they are comfy, light weight and float as well as being non absorbent!
Ideal for watersports then but less than nice to look at...
Love em AND hate them!

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
They look cheap and vulgar
Yeah, 'cos that's what's really important when choosing footwear.
rolleyes.gif

Crocs are cheap, light, comfy and don't get waterlogged... ideal for round camp, or in the garden.

For people who prefer style over substance I can see they probably wouldn't fit the "rugged" bushcraft image, but there's a reason Crocs are as popular as they are.

Plenty of reasons not to like them - they can get slippery if your feet sweat, they have holes which isn't ideal around thorns / thistles etc - but since when is "cheap" a bad thing?

My Frosts Clipper looks (and was!) cheap - less than £10 - but it's no better or worse than many custom knives 10 times the price.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I love my crocs, lightweight, very, very comfortable, whats not to like:)

PS, I don't worry if people stare at them and think they are cheap and nasty, thats their problem not mine;)

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
Aqua Mocs are cheap light, don't get water logged (well it's neoprene so you do get a bit of water but it drys quick enough)...

...but they have the added advantage of not looking like they belong on a lego man.

sorry but I really don't like them

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I have a pair that I usually wear round the house/garden instead of slippers. They're very comfy, let your feet breathe, are great for camping/beach, dry quickly, seem to be very hard wearing. But they look a little odd. Pros outweigh the cons though for me.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Didn't realise it was a link :eek:

That'll be a "No" then, 'cos no way would I ever willingly choose to wear those.......they look like the very worst of woolies plastic sandles from the 60's.......uncomfortable, sweaty, let in sand and gravel and keep it rubbing against the skin, slippy on damp grass and moss......I'm going barefoot. :D

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE