Cowboy? Need help BCUK...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
There ya go, Mods... Stew and Wulf are living proof of WHY this community is a strong and vibrant place and why you put such pains into keeping it alive and kicking :) Post us pics when you get them, lovey! And thanks for the heartwarming update :D

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
To be honest, I've been 'tucked up' a couple of times in the past (only once here) and really thats why I'd rather give stuff away to a good home rather than get worked up over something of no great value. If I expect to get over twenty or thirty quid on ebay plus postage then there it goes, less that that just gift it on and pay the postage. Nobody gets hurt, no bad feelings and something you don't want gets used by another. I'm talking about stuff/kit you have around you doing nothing and not something you have spent time and effort making...effort should be rewarded IMHO.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
While I am really pleased and incredibly moved at the response of people here to be so quick to offer help and recompense, I would ask that if anyone is in touch with Matt that if they can, and I realise the topic is awkward, remind him that other people are still waiting for completion of trades and sales, and one at least is several hundred pounds worth of kit/trade/cash.

On the whole I'm inclined to the prime the pump kind of passing stuff around myself, but I realise for many that's not an easy option, especially if their hard earned cash has several roads as needs it.

M

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
why not start a thread saying wheather you would recommend a buyer and there name ect weather the transaction was smooth ect so other people know either way to do business with them if this makes sense

forestschoolmatlot

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2013
Wiltshire
Just found this thread after wondering what to do with a similar trade that had gone awry with Cowboy for a custom axe mask for my GB Scandinavian Forest Axe that I traded for a few good bits of military kit. So if it makes you feel better your not alone at least ;)!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Just found this thread after wondering what to do with a similar trade that had gone awry with Cowboy for a custom axe mask for my GB Scandinavian Forest Axe that I traded for a few good bits of military kit. So if it makes you feel better your not alone at least ;)!

Sorry about that mate! Hope you get sorted :).

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Well out of the blue today my axe bits and a few other things arrived from cowboy! Very unexpected and kind of him! I think maybe he was just having a hard time but I guess we'll never know! They're nice and suit my axe great! I'm really sorry for any bother I've caused anyone, maybe he got the letter but that was around the 5th of January so I thought I was never going to get anything. :)

Thanks so much to stew and WULF for the incredibly kind offers! And to everyone else for the help! :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
He's got a power of sorting out to do, and that's just the ones we know about. If he does sort them all out though, he can speak to the Boss and see how it goes from there :)

atb,
Mary

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Well out of the blue today my axe bits and a few other things arrived from cowboy! Very unexpected and kind of him! I think maybe he was just having a hard time but I guess we'll never know! They're nice and suit my axe great! I'm really sorry for any bother I've caused anyone, maybe he got the letter but that was around the 5th of January so I thought I was never going to get anything. :)

Thanks so much to stew and WULF for the incredibly kind offers! And to everyone else for the help! :)

Well that's really good to hear. :D Glad you're sorted. :)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
He's a nice enough lad and has gifted me things in the past unexpectedly, perhaps as a result of a knife jig I made him. I know he's been busy on a year long course for bushcraft instructing so perhaps real life got in the way? Might have been hard to get in touch with people after being banned? Not making excuses, just thinking whilst typing I guess. Glad he got the goods delivered in the end, better late than never. Hope it was worth the wait!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
He's a nice enough lad and has gifted me things in the past unexpectedly, perhaps as a result of a knife jig I made him. I know he's been busy on a year long course for bushcraft instructing so perhaps real life got in the way? Might have been hard to get in touch with people after being banned? Not making excuses, just thinking whilst typing I guess. Glad he got the goods delivered in the end, better late than never. Hope it was worth the wait!

It was mate! And as you said life probably got in the way :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE