Cowboy? Need help BCUK...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi Cameron, I have known Matt for a few years now as a regular visitor to North Wood. he is one of the most up front likeable guys I know, very quietly spoken and genuine. im sure its just a simple blip that will be overcome. as Tony and Johnnyboy1971 pointed out, life issues may have delayed things. I know he would be horrified to be thought of as a scammer.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
hi Cameron, I have known Matt for a few years now as a regular visitor to North Wood. he is one of the most up front likeable guys I know, very quietly spoken and genuine. im sure its just a simple blip that will be overcome. as Tony and Johnnyboy1971 pointed out, life issues may have delayed things. I know he would be horrified to be thought of as a scammer.
Genuine and warm hearted guy whos got time for everyone... I've never traded with him but he's always been one of the pleasantest, helpful and engaging young men I've met in the woodlands. I'm sorry he's banned but I'm sure it won't affect the regard he's held in by us NorthWooders :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
TurboGirl and Woodspirits, that's what I though, he was a nice bloke to me just a shame he seems to have been delayed or stopped the leatherwork :).

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Jeez !

Come on guys, lets be honest here, the guy was a waster when it came to trading on here ( otherwise he wouldn't have been banned ). i had the misfortune to do, i think 3 trades with the guy and each one was a nightmare, money paypal'd that evening, goods took WEEKS to send / post despite numerous enquireys and pleas, trade items sent, recipricol trade item took MONTHS to send. I should have learnt the first time but i gave him the benefit of the doubt.....more fool me.

At best he was so disorganised as to make it nigh on impossible to do a pleasant trade with, at worst he didn't give a hoot and all of his numerous and varied excuses were lies.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Jeez !

Come on guys, lets be honest here, the guy was a waster when it came to trading on here ( otherwise he wouldn't have been banned ). i had the misfortune to do, i think 3 trades with the guy and each one was a nightmare, money paypal'd that evening, goods took WEEKS to send / post despite numerous enquireys and pleas, trade items sent, recipricol trade item took MONTHS to send. I should have learnt the first time but i gave him the benefit of the doubt.....more fool me.

At best he was so disorganised as to make it nigh on impossible to do a pleasant trade with, at worst he didn't give a hoot and all of his numerous and varied excuses were lies.

I hear what you're saying Robbi, truth is although he came across as nice, what I really wanted was the trade items he said he'd give me and unfortunately he didn't. Have just finished writing him a letter which basically asks if he is going to complete it or not and that I understand he might have hit a difficult patch, but the least he could've done is write to me or PM me was he wasn't banned as he did get my goods in October.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I hear what you're saying Robbi, truth is although he came across as nice, what I really wanted was the trade items he said he'd give me and unfortunately he didn't. Have just finished writing him a letter which basically asks if he is going to complete it or not and that I understand he might have hit a difficult patch, but the least he could've done is write to me or PM me was he wasn't banned as he did get my goods in October.

i rest my case Your Honour, no further questions.

Last edited:

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
I'm sure most of you as elsewhere in life are good honest people but I've been burnt too many times on other forums trading with members. More trouble than its worth usually.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Let's not turn this in to a big complaint about trading generally. I know in my experience and the majority of trading on this forum, it usually goes perfectly smoothly and some great deals are had

Posted by carrier pigeon

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
OK, this is a straight forward thread where the OP asked a straight forward question, this is not the appropriate place to start throwing inflammatory statements event though I completely understand the frustrations and the losses involved, ultimately it gains nothing, does not contribute to resolution and just stirs up a general bad feeling when there's enough of that already.
I don't mind reading people's opinion on reputation systems etc as it's informative relevant to those that post about it.

The bottom line is that citizens advice, the police etc should be approached for legal advice and action on undelivered goods, small claims court is the option for redress if it's not forthcoming, I appreciate that others should be warned but I think that's been accomplished and he's already been stopped from doing it again on Bushcraft UK

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
OK, this is a straight forward thread where the OP asked a straight forward question, this is not the appropriate place to start throwing inflammatory statements event though I completely understand the frustrations and the losses involved, ultimately it gains nothing, does not contribute to resolution and just stirs up a general bad feeling when there's enough of that already.
I don't mind reading people's opinion on reputation systems etc as it's informative relevant to those that post about it.

The bottom line is that citizens advice, the police etc should be approached for legal advice and action on undelivered goods, small claims court is the option for redress if it's not forthcoming, I appreciate that others should be warned but I think that's been accomplished and he's already been stopped from doing it again on Bushcraft UK

Well said Tony.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Its strange as a freind of the trader and having no experience of the problem, I was surprised and sorry so many folk have had such bad experiences. I think its a measure of how succesful the forum is that someone can post a thread, genuinely, honestly and openly looking for feedback... but the reputation/ trader kudos/ similar would be a huuuuge help to catch problems before they catch everyone else... and also let that person and their community know so the problem doesn't reach the level where mods have to take action :)

You do brilliantly, guys.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Well it's been over a week and Cowboy has had an email and a letter and still nothing, I think it become apparent I'm never going to get anything from him.

However I had two gentlemen, WULF and Stew, offer to make me the bits Cowboy failed too for free! It was two unbeleivably kind and selfless offers from the gents and I was bowled over! I didn't want to pick unfairly so keeping it a bit cbushy I put "names in a Dutch oven" to make it fair and I picked out Stew! I'm absolutely thrilled with the offers and those fabulous offers are what make the forum such a fabulous place!

Stew, you have a PM! :)

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
At the end of the day as long as you get it sorted then all ends well;)

No problem cameron im sure stew will make you a beauty:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE