Cowboy? Need help BCUK...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Cameron, I think your policy of writing a polite letter to Cowboy is a good one. I did a couple of deals with him and recognise some of the things mentioned here. However he made good on the deals even if there was a bit of unnecessary fuss along the way. Try the letter as a starter.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Thanks for the clarification Tony :).

Treadlightly I will send him a letter even if I'm not totally convinced he'll act, at least I know I've tried, with any luck he will get them to me in the end. :)

Mesquite recorded delivery is a great idea, at least it'll mean I know wether he is going to act or not :).

Thanks for all the friendly help and suggestions, you've been a great help! :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ultimately I think that most people have something come up in life that distracts them from sorting things out and I like to think that's always the case rather than someone being malicious and taking advantage, I'm sure that's the case with cowboy and I hope it all works out ok.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Ultimately I think that most people have something come up in life that distracts them from sorting things out and I like to think that's always the case rather than someone being malicious and taking advantage, I'm sure that's the case with cowboy and I hope it all works out ok.

That's my thoughts really, he was always a good bloke and very nice just it seems a little unorganised, would be a real shame if he was doing it on purpose, which I too hope isnt the case :).

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have been awaiting a reply from Matt for a little while. I know he works for an outbound adventure company and spends a lot of time away from home sometimes weeks at a time. He has always come through in the end though.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I have been awaiting a reply from Matt for a little while. I know he works for an outbound adventure company and spends a lot of time away from home sometimes weeks at a time. He has always come through in the end though.

That's very helpful mate, would explain a lot really, thanks for that! :)

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have messages his partner to make him aware of the situation and awaiting a reply from her.
If he is no longer able to access BCUK I'm not sure how he will contact you though.
I know you have/are writing to him but this could be slow knowing that he is away a lot.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I have messages his partner to make him aware of the situation and awaiting a reply from her.
If he is no longer able to access BCUK I'm not sure how he will contact you though.
I know you have/are writing to him but this could be slow knowing that he is away a lot.

That's fabulous mate, thanks, I think I'll mainly write to him so he has my return address :).

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
How about the reddit style system of karma where you can give someone positive or negative karma depending on how trades/sales go?

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
eBay style feedback is problematic on a forum environment. Hypothetically (or not, you guess ;)) let's suppose that I had a bad trading experience with aforementioned member where they took so long sending a trade item that I gave up and allowed them to have my item for less than the agreed trade value, rather than continue arguing about it for a few more weeks. I wouldn't have griped about it publicly because my mum taught me not to do that when things don't go my way, nor would I want to engender bad feeling in an environment that I "socialize" in. Maybe that would have been a failing on my part to not warn other members, but on the other hand do we really want daily "outings" of bad members, most of whom have probably just had an off day?

Not saying it's unworkable, but it does raise issues.

Last edited:

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I think like Tony pointed out these things don't occur enough to warrant a sort of points system to be installed,
if you are experiencing a problem with a sale if we were to post our comments on the thread that would should give others a heads up and thus alert them that all is not well with a certain person, I did manage to get my axe dangle although it was nothing close to the ones he displayed so I was slightly disappointed but a least I received something.

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I think like Tony pointed out these things don't occur enough to warrant a sort of points system to be installed,
if you are experiencing a problem with a sale if we were to post our comments on the thread that would should give others a heads up and thus alert them that all is not well with a certain person, I did manage to get my axe dangle although it was nothing close to the ones he displayed so I was slightly disappointed but a least I received something.

This sounds like a good suggestion,,would/could this work.......:dunno:

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
If it was properly monitored to prevent people from just venting spleen about somebody, im sure naming and shaming where appropriate would work.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
pm sent cameron with an offer;)

Incredibly kind of you mate! PM replied too, would also like to say I've had an offer of Stew of this parish too, and I'm absolutely made up, you make this place the most wonderful forum on the web, overwhelmed with kindness! Thanks so much lads, ill keep you posted on circumstances with cowboy and I'm now spoilt for choice! Absolutely wonderful, thanks so much! :)

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Is naming and shaming not likely to cause further argument? It can be quite easy to react negatively without having all the facts. I personally think a score based system would be better as its less direct and doesn't cause such argument, plus it can be anonymous and changed after.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE