Cornwall Meet at Easter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
OK we're on. There will be a meet up in Cornwall over Easter. It will happen in private woods, (good for the hammock sleepers, and no dramas for fires) I will need to know numbers for booking of porta loos water etc. I can put up a couple of parachutes for teaching / meeting areas. There is a chance of a forage to the sea shore if your up for it. Secure parking and open area for tents available. If your on, PM me and let me know if you are prepared to do a workshop and if so how long do you need and I'll start to put some sort of events list together. There is a village shop nearby so you can stock up on essentials. I was planning on a Friday evening to Sunday lunch time use of the woods. Please note that there will be a small cost (£20 max for the weekend). Any makers out there who fancy a trip to the sea side bring your wares, alternativly perhaps someone would like to organise a swap shop event. Look forward to the PM list when I get back from Norway next week.

bear knights

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Cornwall
Hi,
new to site and relatively new,(at least I've forgotten everything I ever knew) to bushcraft and the like.
Am really up for the Easter meet, although don't really know what one is, but hey, up for anything, and would love to make it as natural experiance as possible (with clothes on!).
Any advice on what to bring so can survive without tent etc if need be, would be dead handy, but don't want to be a pain to those who just want to get out without having to take someone under their wing.
thanks muchly. oh, and about to try and adding a smilie thing just to see if i can!
:drive:

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
The location is Grid Ref SW 927 508. Its called Trenowth woods near to Grampound road between Truro and St Austell. The nearest train station is probably St Austell about 20 mins away. So far we;ve got about 10 people interested. Is anyone up for a bit of teaching? and what subjects do you want to cover. I'm planning to do a water presentation and my mate is up for a trapping stand. The tide times are good for that weekend. A military survival instructor has offered his services to do a sea shore forage on the Saturday. The land owner has confirmed the woods are ours from Friday midday to Monday midday.

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
Hi Smarty,
I cant wait, you can count me and my son in.Iv'e been waiting to meet some like minded local people for ages and this sounds perfect. all the best Glen.

Nick_S

Jan 2, 2007
Cornwall / Swindon
Fantastic. My proper home (not where I'm living at the moment) is a few miles south of Bude -- it would be great to meet up with you guys. I'm a newbie, but between now and then I'll be spending two weeks in the middle of nowhere in Scotland, so who knows -- I might pick up a few tricks! :p

Count me in.

mikesknives

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
cornwall
only twelve, you'll be missing out if you don't come I've camped in those woods with Chris before and there excellent close to a village for emergency supllies (beer+ fags etc) I'll bring some stuff and put out a stall on one of the days.

If you make it it'll be worth the effort!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE