Cornwall Meet at Easter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
Just want to make sure I've all the names right:

Shibari Surfer
Adrian Boots
Lithril
Chicken of the Woods
Leon-1
Janiepopps
Bear Knights
Fergus 77
Jon Pickett
Glen M + son
Nick S.

How many are planning on using tarp & Hammock and how many are using tents? i need to start to arrange the site.

Good news , the beach forage is definately on for Saturday afternoon.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Tent for us please - & we only have the use of a very non sensible big family jobbie, (being a family!) as we've yet to venture into tarps & hammocks :(

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
Chicken of the woods. No dramas with a big tent mate we have got plenty of room. I have some used light weight tropical ponchos if you want to borrow a few. How many in the group?

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
I'm aiming for three. :) As yet I wouldn't know what to do with a tropical poncho, which is one of the reasons we're coming along, to pick all your knowledgable, experienced brains and have a crack at new stuff.

On the other hand I'm a bit of a forager, not squeamish around game, and not too bad at lighting a fire so do I have my uses!

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
No dramas mate. I'm sure there will be some one around who can help with the poncho thing. Are you up for leading a bit of a forage around the woods? I'll put 3 ponchos aside for your use.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
:lmao: Leading? Dunno about that, I'm not expert but I'm happy to share the bits that I know & I can bring along my collection of books etc. for people to have a browse through for info & id if that's any help.

One thing I've learned, is that you never stop learning. ;)

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
At the moment we plan to go to Perranporth beach at the Penhale camp end. We will bring our findings back to the woods to cook etc. The guy leading the beach forage is an RAF SERE instructor, very experienced fella, bring your identification guides along too.

Nick_S

Jan 2, 2007
Cornwall / Swindon
If I do come I'll be hammocking.

Having a few problems sorting out how I'm getting there. The 'rentals have decided that they don't want to do any ferrying despite being all of 40 minutes away. Is there any chance anyone would be able to pick me up from St Austell station?

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
Hi, Smarty,

Sam and I are still up for the Footsteps weekend , which sounds all under control , but i have to say that we are expecting a new arrival to our tribe !!
If you have children then you understand that what she say's goes. Phone reception is what i need at all time throughout our weekend, and for once i have to agree with her. I'd love to be there for the whole of the weekend , but , childberth is something i can't ignore. My options are this; Turn up have a good moot, learn lots, go home. Or turn up, start to have a ; Sorry iv'e got to go Jo's having our baby, There all good options in my book , but Treliske for x amount of hours wins. Here's to full term pregnancies; :lmao: Jo's due date is 23/4/07
so maybe i'm just being anxious, i hope you understand the ramblings of an expectant father !!

Glen

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
Sorry ,

I forgot to mention , Nick be more specific in your arrival time's and i know that we can pick you up from St. Austell station.If i can't someone else will, your a welcomed/ Cornishman/ guest in our county and we will look after you !! ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE