Cornwall Meet at Easter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nick_S

Jan 2, 2007
Cornwall / Swindon
Grr.

I'm afraid after all that I'm going to have to give this a miss. I've just got back from two weeks in the woods in Northern Scotland, and my old lady thinks it's a bit rude to come back for the first time in ages only to disappear for the Easter weekend. In the interest of family relations I think I'll have to comply!

Sorry to muck you about guys. Next time, I hope!

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
So far the list for the Easter meet is :

Shibari Surfer
Adrian Boots
Lithril +1
Chicken of the Woods +2
Leon-1
Janie Popps
Bear Knights
Fergus 77
Jon Pickett
Glen M +3
John Habb
Basha 72
Toby H
Bloodline & Dave

All are welcome I will book the porta loos based on these figures. See you on Friday

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
It looks like I can come and Dave from the Kent Meets will be there too. (hope you are bringing the wild salad Chicken of the woods) J knows what happened last time I visited Cornwall so I wont be going near any pubs :lmao: see you all sometime Friday I hope

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
No need to bring fire wood. There is an area that has a lot of wind blown wood ripe for burning. I'll show you the spot when you get here. We have mains water on site as well. We will have a central social area and a seperate display/ teaching area. The woods will be open from 1200hrs on Friday. I will put out my Footsteps of Discovery signs (look for blue and yellow) to guide you in.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Excellent news Bloodline & don't worry about the salad ;) , if I can't find any good ingredients up here we can go forage for them when we get there :D

J

john habb

not long now, being a newbie looking forward to learning more and also looking at what kit is good and what is`nt.

Basha72

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2006
Torbay
Well would just like to say what a great Time I had and my two kids, Jamie(3) Madison(5), it was the first time for them spending a few nights under the stars, the location is great the staff were spot on in all they do and made you feel very welcomed. Really enjoyed the two lectures that were put on by Spanner and Smarty. The beach trip with (I think John?) was enjoyed by the kids, it was good to hear some of the Info on what the RAF lads get taught whille trying to survive etc. Only thing the kids missed out on was the Tin Mine trip, but that was a safety issue, but by the looks of all the others who went down they looked like the enjoyed it.

It was good to meet up with other people of the same interest, maybe next time I'll come alone, that way I get to stand round the fire and chat a bit longer.

I don't know anywhere else where you could get all this for £20

Looking forward to the next meet up.

Again thanks Smarty for putting the meet on.

Cheers Basha72 "Dave"

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Well, that goes down as one of the best meets I have been to, Smarty, your a top man.......What a fantastic weekend in some beautiful woodland in a beautiful county with some great instructors. Come or go as you please, but with some full on, and hands on teaching. The company was great, was a pleasure to meet you all. Every time I hear that damn song Ring of Fire, I will think back to this weekend...
That was well worth the 14 hr (there and back) car journey (and I wasn't the furthest away either)
Thank you Smarty for your generosity, thats a great set up you have there at Footsteps of Discovery.....

J

john habb

Truly a good weekend, nice company, nice people, and very informative, Smarty Da Man! cheerz mate, brill!. to my other comrades a Big thanks to you all for your insight and advice, to the Big Yin (you know who you are!) bought myself a hammock when i got back :). Once again thanx all and Smarty plz pass on to Spanner and John my thanx. :You_Rock_

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
:You_Rock_ What can we say except seconded on everything said. It would be hard to find a finer bunch of people with which to spend four days in the woods. Thank you all, it was a total blast. :lmao:

(Squirt says hi
042.gif
to Madison, Jamie, Neave and Finlay - hope we spelled those right - we had so much fun she really didn't want to come home!).

Roll on next year..... :D

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
To the troops: Chicken of the Woods, Cliff, Lauren, Janie-Popps, Bear Knights, Glen M and the boys, Jon Pickett, John Habb, Basha 72 Jamie and Madison, Toby H and Mikes knives, big thanks for making the first Cornwall R.V. such a pleasure. Join Spanner, John and Me for a loopy Loo around the fire at Easter next year. Steff says Hi and the woods are booked. See you all on the web and really looking forward to the photos . SURVIVAL MATTERS

( You know when youv'e been Smarty'd!!!!!) :rolleyes:

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
Cheers guys, a corking weekend. Cannot wait until 2008! :You_Rock_ Thanks also to new friends, great meeting you all :D

The saturday morning beach forage was REALLY tough....
easter07015mm3.jpg

Spanner doing a talk on trapping
easter07017uu7.jpg

Even the kids sat still for this one
easter07034gw1.jpg

TobyH's new pad
easter07051cg7.jpg

Ahem.... :lmao:
easter07047wu9.jpg

j

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Was hell on the beach wasn't it? ;) (Squirt's just been screaming janiepopps took those pictures!) :lmao:

Bless.

I had no idea that you'd mullered that knife quite so effectively boys - most impressive! :eek:

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
Just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone at Footsteps Of Discovery for a great weekend at Trenowth woods. The lads and i had a great time and learnt loads about everything. Spanner's lecture on trapping was faultless and John's beach forage certainly opened my eyes on whats there right under our nose's. Last but not least, Smarty what a top bloke, it was inspirational stuff and good to be among genuine people at the top of there game. To everyone who turned up, it was a pleasure to meet you all and i hope we can all do it again soon. :D

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
For a first Bushcrafty type meet I was very impressed, incredibly well organised, very friendly and relaxed. Exactly the sort of event I was hoping for. Smarty. John and Spanner, respect, the lectures were clearly well practiced and the experience in their use was very much evident in the background! The location couldn't have been better with a good variety in plantlife/woodland, just wish I wasn't so busy learning new stuff to have had more time to explore!!!

Really nice to meet some new people, it's amazing what you can learn in such a short space in time, beats learning from in front of a PC!

Very much looking forward to next years event, will be planning weeks in adavance, think I'll be coming in by helicopter to save on the 6.5 hour driving!!

I've put all my photo's onto CD's so PM me your address's and I'll get them in the post asap. Smarty-your address isn't on your card so can you PM me it. Will try and get some on here shortly...

Toby

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
I was told to put the knife through it's paces, what can I say?

Apologies to the manufacturers, but one can't make an omelete without breaking a few eggs (or some other rubbish to hide my embarassement!!!)

bear knights

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Cornwall
a massive massive thankyou to everyone for making it such an enjoyable weekend. Chicken of the woods for showing me my first real salad collection, you're a mine of info, and in case Cliff and lauren don't read this then big hi to them, and thanks lauren for pointing out in future that if I need water, I just need to follow the frogs. i knew there was something wrong with 'follow the bear' when I kept ending up in a pub instead of by a stream. The big yin for his help with finding the perfect bow. Janiepopps I'll take you up on the offer of a canoe paddle as soon as I get back. Glen, big thanx to you, martin and tina for sorting out the mine adventure. next time bring lashings and lashings of ginger beer.Toby big thanx for the hammock and for not choosing one of the many, shattered piccies you must have had of me to post. john, john, john, ah you made me larf. spanner, you are clearly a living leg end and I can't wait for when someone moves off the birch and learns how to tap into your brain instead. and finally, (i think-sorry if i missed anyone off), smarty you diamond. Thankyou so much for sorting the weekend out and creating various random opportunities of learning. i'll be in for a loopy before you know it. your 3 songs may be playing sooner than you think though cos I can't get the bleeders out of my head. To all of you I salute. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

mikesknives

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
cornwall
well although I'm gutted I couldn't stay and play longer but It was great to meet all you people and share the campfire.

Hopefully next year Finlay and I will be able to camp for a couple of days.

Finlay says hi to lauren too.

Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE