Coping with the wait...

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Ok, I finally bit the bullet and based on the wealth of information presented to me I have just ordered a slightly modified Gene Ingram #6 drop point.

My question is... Other than wearing a large hole in the floor through pacing up and down, what's the best way to cope with the waiting?

30 seconds after sending the e-mail confirming my address and specification I can't wait to get it nd I get the feeling it's only going to get worse :yikes:

Joe - The pacing up and down king

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Tell us about your avatar to while away the time. Are they your cats and does someone have a finger up the bum of the front one or is it just supprised?

Bill

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Bill, I haven't mentioned this before but you have an uncanny knack of making the wait somehow... worse :nana:

I can't explain the cats, I just saw the pic online and it looks like the one in front is having a good laugh, i'm sure the photo has been edited but it made me chuckle :)

I change my pic fairly often anyway... Thought I'd pick a very bushcraft looking wolf this time.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
From Gene: "My current delivery is at January 28, but I always ship on or before my quote". which is really quite good but I just know it's going to mess with my head :yikes:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Squidders said:
Bill, I haven't mentioned this before but you have an uncanny knack of making the wait somehow... worse :nana:

I can't explain the cats, I just saw the pic online and it looks like the one in front is having a good laugh, i'm sure the photo has been edited but it made me chuckle :)

I change my pic fairly often anyway... Thought I'd pick a very bushcraft looking wolf this time.

Just a way of diverting your attention from the wait. I've been dead lucky and not had to wait for my gene ingrams but there I go again making it worse :wink:

Have you seen this by the way

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5204

I'm very tempted, Randy inspired me to start braiding and I would love to have one of these very unique knives.

I liked the old avatar but the wolf is very bushcrafty.

Bill

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
sorry squidders

the only way you will get any relief now is to order other knives to keep you distracted

there is no other cure

but it is sooooooooooooo fun :wave:

Tant

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Wayne said:
I ordered a #30 with desert ironwood handles and a Mikulecky Custom Drop Point with single and combo sheath.

My delivery date is 21 Jan :nana: :nana:

More info Wayne. What is a Mikulecky custom drop point and what kind of combo sheath? Please tell us more. I approve of the handles by the way!

Bill

leon-1

Get on over to Axminster power tool center on the net and get yourself some bits of wood, a crook knife, some waterstones, starkie sharp + paste, some slip stones, a Spyderco ceramic stone and a little sloyd knife and start whittling. Spoons, bowls, mugs, noggins, salad forks and More Spoons :eek:):

Beware going over to BB, if you listen to any of the crazed ones (Mushi, Danzo or The General) you will be at risk of being impaled by large sharp pointy things every time you open your front door due to the amount of iron mongery / cutlery in your home and won't have room to fit the Ingram in by the time it arrives :shock:

But they really know thier stuff :biggthump

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Squidders said:
From Gene: "My current delivery is at January 28, but I always ship on or before my quote". which is really quite good but I just know it's going to mess with my head :yikes:
No no no no... don't waste time by waiting and "doing nothing" until the 28. january.... :roll: :roll: :wink: It's almost a half year. :shock: :shock:

IMO. :D

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
leon-1 said:
Get on over to Axminster power tool center on the net and get yourself some bits of wood, a crook knife, some waterstones, starkie sharp + paste, some slip stones, a Spyderco ceramic stone and a little sloyd knife and start whittling. Spoons, bowls, mugs, noggins, salad forks and More Spoons :eek:):

Beware going over to BB, if you listen to any of the crazed ones (Mushi, Danzo or The General)
I resemble that remark! :nana:

as to the ceramic stones .. last I knew Joe had them for £17-50 . axminster for £31-34p :shock:

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
Adny

I will never use oil or grease on any stone, it clogs them up and reduces their performance

when using W'n'D sheets I will use some WD40 occasionally

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
yep ... once it's on. you're more or less stuck with it .. but you can cook it out with parrafin ... I wouldn't recommend it though .. easier to buy a replacement ... or one of the ceramic stones ..... as they are a doddle to work with and give a nice polish to the edge

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE