Coping with the wait...

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I hope you can post a picture of it when it arrives. My #6 is a grand knife and I asked Gene to make me a slightly longer one....which should be done fairly soon....too bad I spent the money for it on an ax....

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I don't think I'd want to wait 3+ years... I want a knife I will use and that involves 2 factors:

1. I have to actually have the knife on me to use it.

2. If I knacker the knife, I don't want to wait years and years to replace it.

Seems a little daft.

leon-1

Squidders said:
I got an e-mail from Gene today saying the knife had been shipped and he attached a photo of the knife he took.

Oh man, I think this is one pretty knife!

http://www.bushcraftuk.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=721&cat=502

Congratulations Joe, nice knife, like the firesteel loop :wink: all the worrying is now over and you know it is on it's way, just sit back, relax and look forward to its arrival :)

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'm hoping so... Gene quoted 4 to 7 days delivery and it's 9 before the ashdown meet so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm going to have to buy some sharpening kit now... I've been using the set in plastic ones thus far because it's only been on folding knives and I have to be honest, it's worked a treat. Anyhoo... I'm really pleased with the way it looks, especially the handle and I can't wait to have it in my grubby little hands.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Gene sends them sharp as a razor so stroping will do fine for a while in terms of sharpening (I won't mention a certain brand of strop currently championed by Jake, but I've used only that on mine for nearly a year now) Except for a little mishap the other day which required my waterstones.

Bill

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
I agree with Bill, The knife will arrive sharp :shock:

I've been using my #30 since November for all sorts of things from cutting cardboard to splitting kindling with nothing more than a quick strop on leather afterwards and it is still as sharp as when it arrived.

Not long now... (and you think you had it bad, my #30 arrived but I had to wait over a month before I got it for my Birthday :shock: )

Hellz

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
hellz, a month without being able to play... that must have been hell!

Good to hear about the edge that comes with the blade being so good... I had read lots of reviews but all were short term tests and didn't really go into the knife's ability to keep a good edge.

Cheers

Joe

leon-1

Well, I can appreciate both the #30 and the #6, I have both, the thirty is sharp enough that you really can shave with it and has had very little work done on it and as both Bill and Hellz have said they do maintain an edge very well. :eek:):

Hellz you'll have to let us know how you get on with the #4 :wink:

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I have decided the worst part of waiting comes from when the knife could have been here by now. This is made worse by the fear that it's gone in the post

If it isn't here in the next few days I will spend the weekend crying

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE