Coping with the wait...

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Just thought Joe, you can try the starkie this weekend to see if it suits you...seems to work very well on shallow bevels like full flats :?:

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
Can anyone suggest how I do survive 4 months, I have to wait that long for my new knife. I have to add, I did know the lead time when I ordered it, soooooooo looking forward to April!!!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Jake it's razor sharp (I have a bald left arm) at the moment and if it dulls at the ashdown meet, I'll have a go but i'm not going to starkie it for the hell of it :wink:

Celtic what did you order?

What helped me through the wait was buying small knives and other kit, I found lots of small waits soon get rid of a load of time :)

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Thought I'd dig this old thread up from the depths...

I have had and sold on lots of knives since January 2005 but the Gene Ingram has stayed and been out to play on and off over that time. Certainly of all the knives I have ever owned, it is the best finished knife without a doubt.

attachment.php

So aside from just being very happy with a knife I have had for years why threadomancy this thread?

I'm yet again waiting for Gene... this time though, it's just a few weeks and it's two knives. A belt knife and a neck knife for my son Nathan... Sure he's only going to be 3 in May but I figure it's worth planning ahead and if the sky falls on my head sooner rather than later, It's something nice to give him.

Anyway, i'm REALLY excited and should have some photos in a weeks time.

AAAAARGH!!!! I hate waiting!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE