coming soon!! Shaving soap with BCUK logo natural/ bio degradeable

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leedsbrew

Forager
May 15, 2013
Leeds
Have you considered using coconut oil? I used to work in the edible oil and fats industry! There are a fair few ethically sound hard/semi soild vegetable fats that are good for soap

Ive used coconut oil for making soap before and it makes a very nice simple soap!

AdamSon

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2013
Co. Durham
I would be interested in some of this too, and I think putting the logo on a wooden bowl is a good idea, then it can just be sent back to you guys for a refill. I tend to just keep it trimmed but every now and then I like a shave with a straight razor, and of course it has to be done with soap and brush!

And the honey scented one sounds amazing!

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
The first batch of samples are now ready the soap is natural glycerine based obviously there are some chemicals in there but they are S.L.S. and Paraben free. As stated the samples are free all you pay is the postage which is £1 this gives you a tray of around ten grams. enough for about ten shaves ish!!!
the orange and bergamot is not ready yet as it takes a while to cure. but there are some fragrances to choose from honey. sandlewood, clary sage, tea tree, mandarin, coconut, chocolate,
the payment is paypal only please pm to place your order. I think we are limited to about 40 samples for now cheers guys..

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
we considered having the logo on the bowl itself but we are trying to keep costs down for everyone. but I agree it would make an amazing keepsake. perhaps we could get a price from a wood turner on here and then do a pricing according to that just thinking what amazing Christmas presents they would be? as an additional note ive just shaved using the honey and its fab!! first time my dog has tried to lick my face in years :(

I would be interested in some of this too, and I think putting the logo on a wooden bowl is a good idea, then it can just be sent back to you guys for a refill. I tend to just keep it trimmed but every now and then I like a shave with a straight razor, and of course it has to be done with soap and brush!

And the honey scented one sounds amazing!

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
I will pm you on a sandlewood one if available, sounds great and I have a nice wooden pot you can fill for me when you start selling properly, this has just come at the right time as i have just run out of shaving soap, atb wayne

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I'm using tapatalk and I can't see your link . I will be needing a good shave before movember . Keep rugged the rest of the year switching between beard and stubble styles in between depending on the weather.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
Thank you guys to all who have ordered samples. there are still about 25 left
My Mrs is making soap today to fulfil orders so far, we have tea tree, honey (she's asked me to tell you it actually has honey in it, not just a scent, it doesn't smell of honey until it gets wet) and a very small number of tangerine, as well as Sandalwood. Bergamot will be ready late next week (Mrs is currently waiting on essential oil from supplier).
We're hoping to get samples in the post tomorrow, if not Monday and I'll put a post on to let you all know they are on the way. Mrs has asked me to thank you all for your interest and support. Cheers Guys GB.
oops sorry chaps yes we also have clary sage - GB

Last edited:

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice. I'd be up for a sample of the bergamot when it's ready. Been using a straight for 16 years now and love it. I've tried soaps and creams from all over the world, looking forward to this. I have to be completely honest though, out of the many diy soaps I've tried there have only been 2 that I'd buy after trying. It's hard to get the right glide a well as lather that doesn't disappear in 3 minutes. Be great if you managed though, I'd certainly put people onto it!

Most people have dishes and scuttles they mill or melt their soaps into. I'd sell them on their own as well as an option for wooden dishes if they want it to be special. Great idea and good luck!

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Don't forget to check the photosensitivity of the essential oils being used! some are straight up bad but many are fine...not going for a downer here, just trying to help with constructive advice. Good stuff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE