coming soon!! Shaving soap with BCUK logo natural/ bio degradeable

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
Coming very soon all natural hand made shaving soaps in a variety of fragrances or un fragranced am not sure how this will be sold my wife is toying with the idea of selling it in wooden soap dishes which would obviously add to the price or by weight say for example in 100gram blocks. or send your own dish to us and we will fill it for you and return your pot filled for you. just wondering what method members would prefer?
following the shaving soaps will be eco friendly shampoos and wash soaps. but firstly will be the shaving soap.
WE HAVE PERMISSION FROM TONY TO USE THE BCUK LOGO ON THE SHAVING SOAPthe logo will be embossed into the shaving soap but not on any of the other products watch this space?

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
thank you for your comments too my mrs is on about sending some small samples out costing just the postage. which I think is a great idea. I use her soaps myself and haven't bought anything else in over a year.
Oh I like the wooden dish idea, still use an old Crabtree & Evelyn one, lasts for years.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
I think the most economical for all would be paper wrapped by weight, then fitted to your own dish.
As a gift, the wooden bowl is the way to go.

Cheers

JFW

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Outstanding!
I DE shave with a brush using Mitchels Wool Fat soap.
But Pine tar soap can be damn fine to shave with!!
No harsh chemicals/fragrances please!!

Best.

Chris.

galopede

Forager
Dec 9, 2004
Gloucestershire
Are they tallow based or glycerine melt and pours? The M&P will microwave into any dish you want but I prefer the tallow based for actual shaving.

Gareth

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
no chemicals all natural and bio degradable.
there are going to be some samples ready very soon these will be free samples aside from the cost of post and package. all members have to do is test them and give an honest opinion. I believe the first ones are to be honey scented and contain honey in the mix not sure of the other fragrances as yet ive not tried the honey one yet my fav is bergamot and orange.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
I think tallow soaps can only be made in an absolute dust free environment but am not sure Don't quote me on this but I believe the base is organic (plant based) glycerine. cant give you the actual recipe though mate cos I ant a clue all I know really is there are jars and bags of all sorts of herbs salts butters and her products go down a treat at new age and mind body and spirit fairs they are all natural I do know that much.

Are they tallow based or glycerine melt and pours? The M&P will microwave into any dish you want but I prefer the tallow based for actual shaving.

Gareth

leedsbrew

Forager
May 15, 2013
Leeds
I mostly sport a beard but the tidying up and the occasional shave are done DE! Love a good soap and badger brush shave! I'd definitely be interested as my Taylor's of bond street sandal wood is wearing low! :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I mostly sport a beard but the tidying up and the occasional shave are done DE! Love a good soap and badger brush shave! I'd definitely be interested as my Taylor's of bond street sandal wood is wearing low! :)

I'm with you on this, I have a beard but like to shave the neck and keep it neat. And a good soap and shaving brush makes it so much nicer than a foam from a can, and cheaper too despite the initial cost of a good shaving soap.

leedsbrew

Forager
May 15, 2013
Leeds
Definitely! I have VERY sensitive skin and very thick facial hair as well and find that a DE razor, soap and brush shave is loads better for my skin and doesn't end up with a load of razor burn or my face looking like mince!

Coat wise your right as a mac3 (et al) blade will be blunt after a couple of goes at the wire wool that sprouts from my mush!

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
your comments are amazing guys thank you so much it really is good stuffmy own face feels like a welders brush when I need a shave but a good brush and soap and im ready for the brut 33 advert :)

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
+1 for dwardos suggestion, Some smaller tablets of unscented natural soap sounds good for taking camping, I would definitely go for some of them.

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
Personally I'll be more than happy cover postage to try and reply with a sample. Sounds like a goodun here. Orange amd bergamot is yummy too. :rolleyes:

Jonboy83

Forager
Nov 2, 2011
Wales
I think they are all great ideas, with the logo on the soap it would eventually wear away. so as a suggestion how about putting the logo on the wooden bowl and then you have a keepsake that you could get refilled by you guys? I would buy one regardless of packaging I would just request that I could have one Patchouli scented, the smell is the same as the shaving soap my dad used to use. I tried making my own soap a while back, made the lye and tallow terrible disaster when I mixed the two :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE