Comfortable In The Wilderness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Being comfortable when you're out is as much about peace of mind as physically.

So if you're going out on your own into the 'countryside', make sure someone knows where you're going, or give them a 'latest back by' time that way if something goes wrong, you know you'll be missed, they may not come to rescue you!!! But at least you know you're missed!! lol.

Always bank on the unexpected, you can never know what the weather's going to do.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Learn to live with nature ínstead of against her, she will provide everything you will ever need. Being comfortable in nature has very little to do with knowledge and a lot to do with love. So do as Moonraker says stop and smell the roses ;)

ssj

Forager
Jan 7, 2004
Colorado, USA
Don't skimp on sleeping pads or air mattresses. Extra weight in that area will pay dividends. I don't know how many sleepless nights it took me to learn that. :eek: When hiking in a desert canyon area, wear thin, flexible leather gloves. Coarse rocks begin to feel like sandpaper on your hands after a few hours. :(
Steve

gurthang

Nov 22, 2004
Devon/Hampshire
Rembember to shake your boots in the morning, there may be no poisonous insects in britain but putting your bare feet in your boots to go and take a leak in the night and finding a massive slug has crawled into one of them is very unpleasant,

my brothers comment on my reaction to slug in boot: 'I never knew you could dance like that'

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Some great tips but I'm with Viking and Moonraker on this one. Make time to tune into nature and the environment, otherwise whats the point.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE