Cold Case 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
OK, see if you can identify what has gone on here. It's a nightmare one and possibly three animals involved. All of this sign was with a couple of square metres...

31Jan201115.jpg

31Jan201116.jpg

31Jan201114.jpg

31Jan201118.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Look at the size of the print. You might need a straight edge to marry the ruler markings with the print, but it is 2 1/2 cm long

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Kestrel kill on a Wood Pigeon with a stoat swiping it.

Maybe badger somewhere although the hole doesn't look used much.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The badger sett is definately in use, my picture doesn't show it clearly, but there is a well worn path going out to the left. Here is another picture of the print. Notice the one slightly forward of the main one.

31Jan201117.jpg

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
very small dog? i've looked at these photo's loads of times since you put them up and i'm absolutely stumped. some kind of small carnivore seems fairly obvious, what kind though is way beyond me.

stuart

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
JD , Just want to say I love these!! Very Useful , anymore please?...about a Gazillion if you have time.

Cheers!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I think Bushwhacker is right, although I think it is a Sparrowhawk. It was obviously plucking it outside the badger sett and then a stoat came along and nicked it and dragged it into the sett to get away from the hawk. No idea what happened after that. Certainly stoat prints though, and the drag marks from the plucking site into the hole are there, but faint. It was a cool piece of sign.

JD , Just want to say I love these!! Very Useful , anymore please?...about a Gazillion if you have time.

Cheers!

Oh yeah, definately.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Have you thought of putting these on a free blog somewhere? Obviously still put them on here but it would also mean they are all together so could help learn. Would certainly help me but obviously dont just do it for me lol

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Have you thought of putting these on a free blog somewhere? Obviously still put them on here but it would also mean they are all together so could help learn. Would certainly help me but obviously dont just do it for me lol

Yeah, I was going to add a section to my DB site. I will get around to it next month.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE