Coffee Guide

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Hi all,

I've been having a look around for a coffee guide to try some different flavors but i can only seem to find reviews on actually grinding or brewing machines?

Does anyone have a link to a good beginners guide? Also does anyone know of a decent "taster" pack of different coffee's to try out?

cheers mark

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
You might want to include Nescafe 'Azera' in your taste tests (no connection). Standard price is about £5 for 100 gms

It is a mix of instant and ground coffee, but used like an instant - ie just add water (+ milk /sugar) with no strainer etc and drink it.

It came out very well in a recent WHICH? test - the 'normal' did better than the 'intenso'. The conclusion on the 'normal' was:

This wholebean instant coffee was a clear winner in the taste test. It was praised by our experts for its 'malty, treacle, toffee aroma'. The 'intense was second favourite and still ranked well above other coffees in the test.

I've drunk a few cups of it and I'd say it is far ahead of any instant I've tried (but not a great fan of instant coffee). Could be ideal for those who want real coffee in the woods but don't have a long enough cable to power their favourite coffee machine. :)

The can says it is:

Soluble coffee with finely ground roasted coffee (5%)

So it might be worth including your own recipe in your taste tests as well.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...a good beginners guide?..."

1. Buy German phrasebook.

2. Book flight to Vienna.

3. Enjoy the many many types of coffee served in pleasant surroundings and possibly a few 'trüffel tortes or possibly some 'schokoladentorte mit vanilleeis'.

:)

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
]Have you been in Costa recently?[/B]

Good coffee though the brewers Cup

Nope, got some vac packed cans of Costa coffee at £3 a pop, not bad, bit mild for me. Tesco 250m coffee press, £5 for costa coffee, about 6 fills so got your money back in no time.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nope, got some vac packed cans of Costa coffee at £3 a pop, not bad, bit mild for me. Tesco 250m coffee press, £5 for costa coffee, about 6 fills so got your money back in no time.

I was meaning it must be about £3 a cup there, the growers cup you at least get two servings. ( Though I find it personally cheaper to use a perc or the likes when away). Though I hardly drink tea or coffee at all now. Like my boiled water. But then I'm a mean Scot.:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE