Cody Lundin fired from Dual Survival

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Aye, I thought the same when I read his post

For those that don't do Facebook, here's what he said

Dear Campers,
Unfortunately, I have been fired by Discovery Channel for differences over safety and health concerns on the show and will no longer be a part of Dual Survival.

Although I’ll miss elements of the show, what I’ll miss the most are my fans and the opportunity to teach - on a global level – life saving skills, indigenous culture, and values of integrity and respect toward our natural world.

I have received numerous letters from viewers. Many are from kids, or their parents or grandparents, describing in detail how the show has changed their lives. It has brought families together, inspired kids to go outdoors, and motivated moms and dads around the world to take that family camping trip, many for the first time. If I can use a TV show to encourage people to turn off TV and turn on nature, I have done my job.

Thank you all very much for your support over the years. Be safe and prepared, and maybe I’ll train with you in the woods some day!

Stay classy,
Cody Lundin

Elgatoloco

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2010
Glasgow, UK
Yup, he was a bit crazy hippie but I always admired his respect for the nature!
.at least he didn't cheat on his Resume to get the job hehe.

wonder what was the reason? They tried to force him to drink his own ****?;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Gently, gently, please. Boss asks that we play nicely with people and don't slag them off :eek:
I am a hearty critic of media 'survivalist' mince, but the man has still lost his job.
We'll just quietly hope things go better for him with the next one.

M

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I didn't/don't have a problem with him in his own environment - ie arid hot climates. Fair do's to the guy, he's been practicing what he preaches for years, and is undoubtedly an expert there. But its the ludicrousness of him championing bare feet - or wearing woolen socks in snow - that was somewhat irritating. Bare feet in forests, old volcanic lava flows, coral etc - where you can cripple yourself very quickly by spiking or otherwise ruining your soles or suffering frostbite - just seemed insane. I am amazed that Dave Canterbury didn't throttle him on more than one occasion! After all, even some of the oldest remains of humanoids in non-tropical conditions found evidence of boots...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I walk around my own home and gardens in my bare feet, but I know what's there, and I know how clean and glass free it is.

Clothing is the only reason that mankind has managed to colonise much of the planet :) even those of us with fair skins and who profess to prefer the cold, need clothing.
Feet do develop hard soles though, but a cut through the hard sole is a nightmare to heal. I suspect it's time and place and season for most of us :)

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Damned hard to be a full time hippy in the west central bit of Scotland :rolleyes: right now it's cold, wet, muddy and down right dreich.
Most folks are cooried doon indoors in the warmth not basking in a Californian heatwave :D

It could be worse though; like those poor benighted souls with their homes up to the ceilings in floodwater for weeks now.
How's your bit of Wales doing ? safe we hope ?

M

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I thought he was pretty funny myself.i liked the contrast between the two different views of survival.if the jobby did ever hit fan 99 percent of us would probably have too follow his survival mentality.minus the bear footed nonsense anyway

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I am amazed that Dave Canterbury didn't throttle him on more than one occasion! After all, even some of the oldest remains of humanoids in non-tropical conditions found evidence of boots...

what the guy who deliberately cut himself and poured gunpowder on his arm...

match made in heaven

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
It went down hill after Canterbury was asked to leave. It's days are numbered now I'd guess!

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Personally I've always had a sort of grudging respect for Cody. I don't get the shorts and bare feet thing, but that's his choice. His books are very good with very sensible advice in them. I hope he gets something new from another channel. Best of luck Cody.

Dave

DR2501

Forager
Feb 6, 2014
Bristol
I like him too and admire the way he's chosen to live (although not the barefoot thing or the shorts even in the snow). I hope he brings out a new program as he has a lot of good advice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE