Chuck box

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Following a recent thread, I thought I would have a go at making a Chuck box / Wannigan ? using bits and pieces I had laying around. Some pieces of old 12mm ply and 20mm x 35mm roofing batten an old piano hinge and an Ikea mini drawer i had in the kitchen. The only bits I bought were the handles and 20 8mm bolts. Five hours yesterday and three hours today, I came up with this.

003.jpg

It's pretty rough and ready, but it will be use full at the moot. the finish is four coats of Cuprinol Forest green. The build was more of an excercise to see what was involved time wise, and for costs. Hope you like.
Atb
Colin.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I guess you'll be the purveyor of fine victuals at the moot then? Really nice work that, it'll get a lot of attention at the MOOT.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Cheers guys. Aaron, you should see my garden at the moment, kit everywhere. Not just sorting stuff for me, but for Chris to.

Remember, what happens in the Joan of arc thread, stays in the Joan of arc thread. :rolleyes:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That looks like a very useful thing, and a good size, too. Those little IKEA drawers are such great things and lend themselves to loads of uses...................atb mac.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Cheers guys. Aaron, you should see my garden at the moment, kit everywhere. Not just sorting stuff for me, but for Chris to.

Remember, what happens in the Joan of arc thread, stays in the Joan of arc thread. :rolleyes:

For the kids yes, but for us responsible adults there's a certain leeway permitted. ;) Really nice piece of work as I said.

As for the kit, not only do I have to bring all my stuff and the stuff to sell but also an double mattress to deliver in the UK. I'm folding it in half to fit inside the hatchback rather than have it on the roof rack to act like a windjammer. So limiting myself to what I can shoehorn in the car is like a challenge on the Krypton factor.

Yup Dave53 sooo looking forward to seeing all you folks next week too. Can't believe it's been a year since last time. So much has happened.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
For the kids yes, but for us responsible adults there's a certain leeway permitted. ;) Really nice piece of work as I said.

As for the kit, not only do I have to bring all my stuff and the stuff to sell but also an double mattress to deliver in the UK. I'm folding it in half to fit inside the hatchback rather than have it on the roof rack to act like a windjammer. So limiting myself to what I can shoehorn in the car is like a challenge on the Krypton factor.

Yup Dave53 sooo looking forward to seeing all you folks next week too. Can't believe it's been a year since last time. So much has happened.

Don't leave your bow on the parcel shelf this time. :lmao:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Don't leave your bow on the parcel shelf this time. :lmao:

Top tip. I won't be bringing the compound bow this year, might throw in some arrows and collect my Butanese bow from my Mum's loft and have a shoot with that instead. Did find my carving chisels though so I think a spot of spoonage, or possibly a woodspirit is on the cards. We'll have to see.

Later dood.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Top tip. I won't be bringing the compound bow this year, might throw in some arrows and collect my Butanese bow from my Mum's loft and have a shoot with that instead. Did find my carving chisels though so I think a spot of spoonage, or possibly a woodspirit is on the cards. We'll have to see.

Later dood.

I think I'll bring my bow to, do you mind if I share your arrows for a few shots.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Now I like the new kitchen for Price Wood....:lmao:..

Thats a great bit of kit my dear Man... I can see you selling a couple of them :)

by the way.. I do like it... :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE