Christmas List

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Willcurrie

Aug 2, 2015
Argyll
It's getting to the time of year when my Mrs is going to ask me what I'd like for Christmas, it's also the time when I think about what to get her. So how's about hearing what you'd like for Christmas and what you might give to your better half :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've given my wife two "lollipop" golden holly trees - self fertile females so will berry well in planters.

I'd like everyone to be a bit kinder to one another :)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Not really fussed about presents to be honest... I'd like to get my wife something practical she will use all year, and since our first Christmas together I always buy her something like a colander, or one year I got her a pizza cutter with an oven glove... she always smiles and rolls her eyes, so I know she is pleased with them.

I'm considering getting her an ironing board cover this year. It was going to be a vacuum cleaner, but they had them on sale earlier in the year and I couldn't hide it for 6 months... so she got a summer gift as well this year :D

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Dewi, your spoiling the lady lol

I think spoiling her would be to buy a new ironing board... but honestly, it 10 years old and solid as the day I bought it. No point throwing away good kit just for the sake of Christmas.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
We have a pointless gift contest! It's thown up many good ones including birthday aubergines, glass vegetables
a8b76a091826580a9c2d2dd05197e170.jpg

Ugly cups
53cc8befef90f05749a8795e971504ce.jpg

And even a dose of salvation (yes, he is illuminated)
ba9bbf683e5500c6e7e62ea0c3a28c7a.jpg

As well as obviously more serious and or sentimental gifts.
Not that bothered about them personally, so long as we have a good time together what more can you want! And let's face it as most of you know Steph and I are a touch eccentric so lobotomy kits, taxidermy and antique ECT kit are reasonably high on her list!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1446403483849.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446403483849.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 9

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I buy stuff all year long, if it catches my eye and my inner magpie thinks I like that :eek:
Anyway, it goes away in a box with the receipt in the bag beside it, and the menfolks burrow through, 'buy' (well they put the money into my housekeeping stash) what they like, and come Christmas I find myself both cash rich for the sales, and with good things too :D
Out of sight, out or mind for me on things like these.
I freely admit I'm very lucky though, and my menfolks are generously inclined :D

Does your Missus have a hobby ? or is there something she'd like to try ? A horse-riding taster session ? or a basketry course ? or something along those lines.

Good ideas for men would be appreciated. Mine are inclined to just buy what they fancy for themselves, and I kind of struggle to find something for them.
These past years I just go for something for each category for them all.

Something to read.
Something to wear.
Something to drink.
Something to use.
Something to play with.
Something to go and do.

So books, booze, sweets, a jumper/fleece or good thick socks, toys, tools and something fun to go and do.

Mine usually runs to books, perfume, jewellery, craft stuff, 12th scale or N gauge stuff, fancy paper and fabric :D

Household appliances are necessities, not presents gentlemen.

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh, I do agree Hugh, but my Husband asked for a new Antex soldering iron last time :) and I got new pinking shears :)
There are tools, and tools.

M

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I want a Bushmoot ticket.

Its easily bought, takes up no room, and will give me a lot of pleasure.

what could be better?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Yes being married/living with us chaps is all the presents they'll ever need. :D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

That sounds good when you're loudly announcing it on Christmas morning, but it doesn't half cast a shadow over the sprouts later in the day :(

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I never really want anything, as I'll buy stuff myself as/when I need/want it [although I'm bit of a tight git so I really have to want/ need it] rather than wait for a special [birthday/xmas] time to get it. However when it comes to about now and I don't give an idea of something i'll want then she'll go and get me something anyway [If I don't ask I'd prefer to get nothing, but she seems to think I need something to unwrap?] so my list:-

a breezy hat £15-20
a cheap woodgas stove £12
pint insulated cup £18 [although I got a 500ml on from TX-max yesterday for £2 cause it had a broken lid :)]

I e-mailed her the links and said pick one, at least it'll give me a surprise as I don't know what i'll get.

What I want but just can't justify the expense [even at Christmas] is a custom sized cuben fibre tarp and a 170g liner for a jerven exclusive. - just not gonna happen until I pay off the mortgage...

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
[If I don't ask I'd prefer to get nothing, but she seems to think I need something to unwrap?]

I'm the same. I hate the need to have to have something. I would rather people didn't waste their money on me buying things I don't need/want. The things I usually really want are more expensive than any one person would wish to spend but there's a general reluctance to club together.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
What I don't like is, telling someone what you want, where to get it from and giving them the link and then they don't bother, giving you cash instead so you can't get what you wanted as the offer is over or it is sold out. Or even worse something completely different that you'd never want or use.
This year, I'm buying it myself and telling people I want the money.
Not really the spirit of Christmas though is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I like Oxfam Unwrapped Gifts. So far I've had a goat, courses for African teachers, opportunities for girls to have an education and teachers' desks. I think I may ask for some fishing nets this years, or maybe some malaria nets for children. This way I always seem to get what I want.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE