Xmas Christmas ideas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
What to ask my wife to buy me for Xmas for £50 or under? Anything bushcraft or woodsman related, gimme some ideas because I can't think of anything and I'm getting grief about it already!

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I am in a similar boat, I never have any ideas at all!

Sent from underground

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
You’ve probably got all the kit you need

but

……. over the last six months what have you thought would make life easier out here? When did you need to think of a way around an issue when an ………….. would have been just the job.

Straight answer - a pair of secateurs in a sheath or belt clip?

Reactions: Van-Wild

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
As IOU note for when you have thought of something? I mean people get hung up on buying something for the day but it's really about getting together with family or significant people in your life for many. So why do we get hung up on presents? I mean you get asked what you want, you tell the person asking, they buy it (possibly not the one you'd have bought but a different make or model), they give it to you, you feign surprise /gratitude but a little part of you thinking it was the wrong one. Surely better to just say to them you'd rather bank the money in an IOU for when you've seen something you want for that value?

Just an idea and I don't think anyone will do it, least of all me! Xmas has become a little bit too much about the presents. Certainly in the lead up to it. For me that's the worst time of the year. I get hung up on buying the"perfect" present for everyone that I get stressed up about it. So much so that once everything has been bought and wrapped up I get giddy with the stress lifted suddenly.

Perhaps I'll try to get IOUs banked up instead of giving ppl present ideas this year.

Reactions: gg012

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
If you're stuck I know a leatherworker not too far from me who makes a few nice products for that sort of money. Not sure if allowed to recommend on here so I won't give the name out openly unless it's OK.

Of course BCUK has a few good leatherworkers on here as makers. Perhaps a commission for one of them.

BTW the maker near me also makes nice tool holder, covers, etc. Billhook covers for example.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Sorry to be the buzzkill, but if there's nothing you want then why waste money for the sake of it?
Or what about a £50 donation, in your name, to some kind of wildlife/conservation charity?
But don't waste money for the sake of it when there are, literally, millions who can't afford to eat.
I get that it's that time of year and people like to buy something for someone they love, so why not just spend a tenner or something? And save the rest or give it to a cause dear to your heart.
OK, sorry about that. As you were...

Reactions: Stew

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I dont know what I want either; I havent been camping in yonks...my outdoors is a lot different these days.

(But Im going to ask the Crannog Centre if they need trees, a beehive or even a cat...)

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Are you suggesting the ubiquitous smellies? One year most of my wider family bought me smellies. I think they were telling me something!

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
We don't really do presents either but if we did a fruit tree or two would be on the list, or at least an IOU for one. Another quince or a medlar.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE