Cheap sleeping bag.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
R

Ryan29dd

I am fairly new to bushcraft, and want to know the best cheapest winter sleeping bag.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Ex army probably. Look on ebay or in surplus shops. If you want cheap then it will be big and heavy so bear that in mind.

Bill

willie

Forager
Sep 25, 2004
aberdeen,scotland
www.google.com
Hey i would recomend either a 58 patt down filled or a 90 patt . the good thing about the 58 patt is that is has a rubberised bottom which is aparently 100 % w/proof but with a roll mat would be ideal :biggthump hope this helps .

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
willie said:
just ask for any advice on 90 patt as i use it :wink:
Heres a few for you,weight,pack size,comfort,how roomy,cost,would you buy another,likes,dislikes.That should keep you going for a few minutes. :eek:):

willie

Forager
Sep 25, 2004
aberdeen,scotland
www.google.com
actually could answer some rite now :) i would say its one of the comfist bags ive slept in , pack size pritty big thats a dislike ,likes 2 mesh pockets on the inside for keeping valubles and stuff in ,its warm all year round apart from in summer when its roasting lol ,100% waterproof wit bivi bag ,yes i would buy another one . cheers lol

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Great Pebble said:
It's rated to "It's all your getting, lad".
:rolmao:

It's not artic rated because the military have a separate artic bag, that's all I know.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
I picked up a 58 down sack today form "the outdoors" shop in hornchurch essex, its a new one so touch! i did have to open and do up about 10 till i found it though, its a tad bulky and a little heavier than most but its a warm un and at 25 quid it was a bargain. ive got my GTX bivvi bag over it wrapped up in the bag it comes with also put a cotton liner in the bottom before i rolled it up.

mercury

Forager
Jan 27, 2004
East Yorkshire England
The 90 series bag seems to only come in Xlarge , not for nothing is it known as the bouncing bomb. They are roomy , made for squaddies to zonk in in full kit , on weekends away I can stick my rifle in mine and still have room for me. Mine has a split in the foot end and this reveals the filling which appears to be some sort of quilting material rather than the hollofil or similar I would expect. Not the warmest bag in the world either , I went camping with the kids early this year ( in a tent :yikes: ) and I was chilly until I climbed into my bivi bag as well , the kids however were fine in their £20 argos bags

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE