Cheap Headlamp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
I picked up one of these from an Aldi store. It's shown next to a Petzl Tikka Plus for scale. It is brighter as it has 5 LEDs although output is not adjustable, it's either on, off or flashing. It is slightly bigger and not quite as well made but at a tenth of the price I'll probably get a few to leave in the car, bike, rucksack, etc.
£2.99 including batteries.
headlamp001.jpg

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Thanks for that.
Looks good for the price
I this one of their 1 week specials ? - usualy gone by the time I get there

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
'Fraid so Mike, there's loads of dodgy camping gear, but this looked to be a fair bit of kit. Assuming it doesn't break, it is pretty amazing value.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
This shop has a few items that could be deemed usefull for those with an outdoor interest, some of the kit is cheap and no doubt nasty, some of it just cheap.

http://www.tchibo.co.uk/is-bin/INTE.../TdUkBrowseCatalog-Start?CategoryName=phase_1

The link will take you to their current front window sales, but instore there is other kit to look for.

They had a good line in vacuum bag sealers, may be a few left in the shops, but not on the web site.

Great for packing your food stuffs in when out for the weekend.

LS

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
I have a Alpkit Indigo head torch and at £5 including p&p, great product at great value.

8020_display.jpg

There are two settings other than off, one being low power using 2 led's and the other being high power using 4 led's although i cant see much difference in output.

But, at £5 i have no complaints and it fills my needs.

Here is the link

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I have one of the alpkit headtorches too! - I picked it up at the 2005 outdoors show and havn't seen one since!

it is great! - light, bright a and with a cunning little addition of some self adhesive red 'gel' I have a lamp thet when is on 'dim' (2 leds) it is red and on bright (4) is white/slightly pink - is great for mapreading on night nav's ;)

might get another at that price........ (if the wife dosn't notice - my headtorch 'collection' is almost as large as my knife! :eek:

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
The Alpkit lights are great for 'normalish' stuff and fine for bushcraft; however, for climbing and more serious stuff, I would recommend one of the newer (and, unfortunately, a lot more expensive) lights by Petzl, Black Diamond and the like.

Having said that, my Alpkit light is my most 'used' light because it's so cheap and I don't mind if I trash it. Well recommended.

As I don't work for Alpkit, I think I'm safe to say that you should have a look at their website (www.alpkit.com) for clothing, sleeping mats and sleeping bags . They also have some info on a 'teepee'-style (I bet someone shouts at me for that) tent they made; not sure if it's going into production though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE