What vehicle thread?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I made some lemon salt = coarse salt and a lot of fine lemon zest. About a month.
Two months and the taste was blah. Next time, I'll put a picture of a Bv206 for a label.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The Cold War in the Arctic region was won with the help of the 202 and 206.

Even the British AF had/has them.

You need to get very small lemons, with a sharp baking needle, pricking the zest all over.
(Use your reading glasses so you save your fingers).
Or cut crosscuts at both ends.

Put in large jar, bury in fine salt. You might want to use Kosher Salt but I am an agnostic so I do not care which.

Ready a couple of months later. Use in your next Tagine.
Essential ingredient in those.
No Tagine without preserved lemon and Harissa, imho.

Just like no efficient winter mobile army without a BV 206, the successor Viking and the latest version!

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Crap (if you don't mind). I'll take two big Tuckers to your one infection aka 206.

Take a look at all the satellite imagery from the Canadian arctic.
Find the frame that was carved in the tundra over a whole year by a disgruntled soldier
with untold diesel and D8 Cat. The letters are a mile long, you can hardly miss it.

I won't hold my breath but it might explain why we never meet aliens.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Ready a couple of months later. Use in your next Tagine.
Essential ingredient in those.
No Tagine without preserved lemon and Harissa, imho.

Way off topic, but I have to disagree with you (I was brought up in North Africa). There are dozens of good Tagine recipes and only a few have pickled lemons in them (chicken tagine mainly). It would be sacrilege to put lemons in goat or lamb tagine! :)

I make my own Harissa to suit the food I'm putting it with - never buy it. I also make my own Ras el Hanout made up of 15 spices :)

gonzo_the_great

Forager
Nov 17, 2014
Poole, Dorset. UK
My LR was a full UK spec car, but without the towbar (something to do with that chaging the class of tax in Japan?)

But it was outstanding, once again, with the weather we have just had. I did get stuck behing the 100's of cars who could not make even the slightest gradients on the compacted snow. But once free of them, it chugged up the worst of the snowy hills we have, as if they were dry roads. And that is with road-ish tread tyres, that are getting close to the wear limits.
4wd and wide and big tyres (reagular 235-16) beats three aces.

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
Oooh Tucker Terras - now you are talking! I was lucky enough to get to drive one of those when I worked down in Antarctica many years ago. Awesome machines, however had a slight technical problem to deal with - we were towing quite heavy sleds and on the warmer days the transfer box would overheat, the mechanics put it down to icy surface and lack of powder snow to provide cooling, so every few km we would get out and shovel snow onto the box to keep it in check.

Now every time I crawl under my land rover to grease my prop shafts I am taken back to a time of ice and Sno Cats... bliss!

On that note I think we are starting to narrow down the ideal vehicle for the snow-bound bush crafter. I might do this mod myself if we have another winter like this one :)

385056190_c70499defa_z.jpg

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
IIRC there's something like that in a carpark for logging vehicles in Scottish Highlands. I think it's where the road turns off the Pitlochry or North of Pitlochry Road to go to the river valley south of the river Lyon. That valley is a bigger one and bigger name river but for the life of me I can't remember the name (paddled the Lyon not that one you see).

I think there were a few interesting vehicles there. A few tracked ones

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
There's a very good reason for using tracked vehicles for forestry/logging.
The forest floor has never been compressed as it is with vehicle traffic of ANY KIND.
The concept for replanting, or natural regeneration is to do as little compression as possible.
The compression does retard tree seedling growth = dendrology fact.

As a note added in proof, you all know what a trail through the forest looks like.
It is the direct result of compression.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
We still have horse-logging. Highly selective log choices and next to zero disturbance.
Usually, the licenced tone-wood prospectors nominate the logs to come out.
The instrument company people show up and the fun begins.
The big stuff in the steep ravines gets pulled by an Erickson Sky Crane. You can hear them coming for miles.

Even up top though, the guides and packers on horses are following trails made over a century or more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE