Change to the law

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Hmmm....
Fiskars-29-Inch-Machete-Axe.jpg

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Nothing left to the imagination here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222197095649

b524f6f95fd90480a5853b64f1c0c20b.jpg

Zombies or not, it looks like a decent tool...?
Gut hook, chisel end, thick serrated spine...Anglo arms...

It's sold out too, which makes me think, everyone is panic buying these zombie killers...

I was going to put it on the "found-a-bargain" thread but I better not...😂

Last edited:

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
They will regret this! all it takes is one, just ONE zombie outbreak and we're all forked!
Yep, it's a very good point...
A good source ( pub friend ) told me that unless the tool has some green colours and is oversized , the zombies will just keep on coming...

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
The "serrated" bit is a concern, saks leatherman etc have the saw blade....My leatherman has been modded so the knife blades don't lock, but the saw does, the saw on my sak farmer that i carry every working day in a belt sheath, doesn't lock but its serrated....

Rob

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Makes you think dont it...if the next marketing trend is about the show, Lesbian Vampire Killers, will they ban Lesbians or vampires

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
The "serrated" bit is a concern, saks leatherman etc have the saw blade....My leatherman has been modded so the knife blades don't lock, but the saw does, the saw on my sak farmer that i carry every working day in a belt sheath, doesn't lock but its serrated....

Rob

On the face of it, that's not an issue as the Act defines
"the weapon sometimes known as a “zombie knife”, “zombie killer knife” or “zombie slayer knife”, being a blade with—
(i)
a cutting edge;
(ii)
a serrated edge; and
(iii)

images or words (whether on the blade or handle) that suggest that it is to be used for the purpose of violence.”."

And a normal person would say that clearly a SAK does not have images or words suggestive of a use for violence, however I will bet some cop is going to try and say that the word "Army" on the knife means it is suggestive of violence. Never underestimate the ability of police to stretch a law into unexpected corners of legitimate behaviour. I have just dealt with a case where they charged a joiner with possession of what they described to the Fiscal as "a large fixed blade serrated knife or machete". It was a plasterboard saw.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Makes you think dont it...if the next marketing trend is about the show, Lesbian Vampire Killers, will they ban Lesbians or vampires

I bloody hope not, it's bad enough that I could be put to death for who I am in a number of countries and am illegal in 82 without my home land making it a crime too...

J

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The bobbie doesn't need to interpret anything. If the so-called knife is marketed or marketed as being for 'zombie-killing' or for fighting, killing or anything similar, then it is covered by this legislation.

As I read it, the blade or handle cannot be marked in such a way as to suggest the knife is for violence. There's nothing about marketing, blade or handle colour etc.. So, the local plod doesn't have to do much thinking, it's very black and white.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
So does that mean I'm not to paint the words zombie killer on big ugly then?!
7a2cae56d99f430156e26cf9dcd6b99d.jpg

The irony has already been pointed out that I make knives and choose to use that lump of scrap for a machete by the way so no need to point it out again :)

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
So does that mean I'm not to paint the words zombie killer on big ugly then?!
7a2cae56d99f430156e26cf9dcd6b99d.jpg

The irony has already been pointed out that I make knives and choose to use that lump of scrap for a machete by the way so no need to point it out again :)

Might be prudent :lmao:

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Given the immanent danger that we all face from a zombie apocalypse isn't it about time that Victorinox introduced a zombie slayer blade for the SAK. It would have to be under 3 inches though. On the other hand if it comes to the crunch I will use the corkscrew. The zombies might not be so keen on brains pickled in alcohol.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Its weird the way they legislate against particular knives... are they going to ban chef's knives? They're big, sharp and can do just as much damage as a 'zombie' knife.

They banned the samurai sword, yet knife crime continued. They banned the switch blade, yet knife crime continued. And they banned any fixed blade above three inches, yet knife crime continued.

Weird... it's almost as if a sharpened piece of metal is a rare thing. The only people it effects are the people who legitimately own these 'weapons'... the people who wouldn't stick them into another human being. Those of a criminal mentality or those without the developed frontal lobe don't give a monkies what these things are branded as or named. They want a sharp piece of metal that looks menacing.

I was discussing something similar with my eldest son... no government can ban anything, they can't enforce anything for the most part. All they can do is bluster whilst the goods are traded illegally, then whinge about how they legislated to prevent such trades. Look at the war on drugs... does it prevent drugs being sold? The attempts to tax tobacco, does it stop the sale of 'duty free'? Nope. Just silly politicians thinking they can legislate to stop the trading of goods. For every person they catch a thousand stick two fingers up at them.

All that said, marketing a blade as a zombie killer is as daft as marketing a cake as a fairy catcher or a magic bean as a giant lure.

I'd love to see a law banning magic beans... not so much the cakes though. All very well preventing an invasion of giants and its all fun and games until you can't buy cake any more!

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Ironically they did not ban samurai swords that were old or made in a traditional way. The one's banned seem to be those of inferior manufacture and mostly less sharpness, no chopping through machine gun barrels or felons with them. I expect dream catchers will be banned as invaders of privacy or if not the dreams must be recorded for future thought police action.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Ironically they did not ban samurai swords that were old or made in a traditional way. The one's banned seem to be those of inferior manufacture and mostly less sharpness, no chopping through machine gun barrels or felons with them. I expect dream catchers will be banned as invaders of privacy or if not the dreams must be recorded for future thought police action.
😂 ... Lmao.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE