Cegga GB ? 2nd thread opened for discussion of closed list

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Hi!!
I have not heard nothing if it´s still on and I am not sure how this are to .I don´t no if I or GB shall make the axe .
But I get a lot of pm so I have forge some even if this not going to happen so even if it´s not I have buyer on this axes but they are made for the group buy.
Cegga
axe.jpg
cegga i'm more than happy to wait for one of those axes, was just a bit disillusioned, as the thread was closed and we have heard nothing about what was happening.
take care
lee.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
right, i have no PMs from anyone at all about this and there was nothing saying my PM box was full.
im not ignoring the thread, im moping about with the flu.
i have no idea on price or availability because i haven't talked to cegga or red.
it seems the time has come for it to be sorted out anyway, however its going to get VERY confusing because i will need to start a new thread once i have the info, so there will be cegga threads all over the place.

once i have sorted out what im doing then i will post the new thread, it would be good if this one and the old one could then be made invisible on the forum to avoid confusion, until then leave this here to inform people.

thanks.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
right, i have no PMs from anyone at all about this and there was nothing saying my PM box was full.
i have no idea on price or availability because i haven't talked to cegga or red.
it seems the time has come for it to be sorted out anyway, however its going to get VERY confusing because i will need to start a new thread once i have the info, so there will be cegga threads all over the place.

once i have sorted out what im doing then i will post the new thread, it would be good if this one and the old one could then be made invisible on the forum to avoid confusion, until then leave this here to inform people.

thanks.

Nice to see you back Jordan, I've not spoken to Mic about your group buy either - so I'm happy to say I'll leave it in your hands.

Get well soon fellah

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants

thanks.

Good to hear that you're alive and well Scorpio (ok, maybe not well). Glad to hear your still on the case. I personally did send a pm but heard nothing but I have to say the same for someone else I have pm'd also recently and so maybe there's an issue with these? Anyhow, I know nothing of how these sites work but is it not possible to set up a group of list members to pm to in bulk? No idea if you can do this but that would solve the issue of making everything public. Mods anyone care to answer this maybe?

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
there was a list made on the last thread, but i feel it is a bit useless as names were put down before anyone knew what the axe even looked like. therefore once i have all the info and prices i will put the thread up and take names.
hopefully it wont be long.

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
Glad to hear you are on the mend _Scorpio_

At risk of sounding self interested - I put my self on the list (as did some others) regardless of what the axe type was. I still stad by that as I am happy to own pretty much any Cegga axe. Hope that keeps me high on the list - if that list is still the one to be used. If not, can I be first on the new list if a new one is started ;)

ATB (a self interested)
Dave

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
I'm happy with the design in the box in the pic from Cegga too. If that is the one that the original list go for then thats good for me :)

Hathor

May 3, 2008
Prague
Morning all,

Does this axe have a name yet?

If not, then Cegga and Scorpio should do the honours between them imo (something imaginative would be nice ....and no mention of big choppers)

:)

I wait with bated breath...

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
Will someone please take charge and make a decision!
id love to but i havent been able to talk to the person MAKING the axes so its pretty difficult to tell you what he has and what will be in the group buy. he made a large batch of them (as jon showed above) but how do i know if they might be available for the group buy without talking to him? they might already all be taken.

once i have confirmation about prices and numbers of the gotlands axe designed by british red and cegga i will go to the old list, and if there are 25 axes ready, i will post up the first 25 people from that list, then i will see if anyone drops out and if they do i can either:
take the next person on the list to take their place
or
let people who didnt see it before have a chance to get in on it.

once i get a PM from cegga to tell me whats going on you will know.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
_scorpio_,

I think the Gotland will take a long time to develop (months) so I'd leave it out for now if I was you, no point in holding things up.

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Group buys are a nightmare.

For the sanity of all I suggest a little patience.

I think the best way is the old fashoined method of Cegga putting up great axes when he finishes a batch and they go.

The people on the list may or may not have first refusal (it's up to the maker) but constant 'Can we please get this sorted' comments don't help.

I was under the impression that the whole idea of this GB was for an axe that was a little bit different from the Norm, the Gotland is a beauty and one I would love to own, the ones already made look like a very regular type of axe head and nothing particularly different from the usual but I can understand the concept of it being a Cegga being enough to want to own it..however I for one would like to hold out for something special and the BR gotland speaks to me as that item and even if it takes months for it to be born ,I will wait, it will be worth it.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
the original idea of this GB was that cegga makes a lot of good all round axes and i get him a list of how many people are interested and we get a discounted price. this is still going to happen.
British Red decided that though these axes would be good, quite a lot of people already have a normal axe, so he has designed a lovely looking axe for those who have everything and want something a bit more unique. this will also happen, but the axes need to exist first.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE