Cegga GB ? 2nd thread opened for discussion of closed list

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

satosato

Forager
May 29, 2009
London
the original idea of this GB was that cegga makes a lot of good all round axes and i get him a list of how many people are interested and we get a discounted price. this is still going to happen.
British Red decided that though these axes would be good, quite a lot of people already have a normal axe, so he has designed a lovely looking axe for those who have everything and want something a bit more unique. this will also happen, but the axes need to exist first.

I have never owned a Cegga axe, will keep my eyes open on the threads.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Riiiiiight well I've read through the thread and all I can say is IF the group buy for the SFA TYPE axe goes ahead then I'm definitely in!

MartinB

Jan 2, 2011
glos
Not wishing to highjack the thread but does anyknow know if there is any availability of the Cegga / BR hunter axe - or anyone wish to sell one - best regards Martin

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
oh bugger! that will be why i didnt hear anything from cegga then...

Muppet...

waldorf_statler1.jpg

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
scorpio have sent you a pm mate, regarding my possition on the list, if its still going ahead, with what ever is made by cegga, i would like to keep my place please. regardless of what axe it is.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
thanks jon, thats pretty much how i felt :D
well, i have heard from cegga and it looks like this should be going ahead fairly soon. im going to dig out the original list, but i really wish i hadnt done that list now, because its possible that all the axes will go straight away from that old list, but i cant do a new one because its not fair on the ones before... hopefully there will be some...

it wont be the gotlands axe this time, thats all i know.
i hope the next time i post something about this it is telling you lot prices :D

Roe Ring

Forager
Oct 6, 2010
N. Wales
Cheers Scorpio,

I'm on the original list. I have bought a Wildlife Hatchet since the list started but I'm still keen if they are SFA type. I'm looking forward to hearing about what Cegga has got lined up.

RR

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
ah, well, i was planning to make it at least 100 posts or been a member for over 2 months... i dont want any trouble customers for cegga... i might change it but im not sure how much.
obviously you must also be over 18.
the list is quite long, so it might be split up a few times.

i came up with an idea, what do you think:
because of the large amount of people on the list, and the (probably) small amount of axes, if i just take the first ones from the list i may as well be sending the names straight to cegga, and it doesnt give anyone else a chance.
so what i might do is fill half the places with those from the list, and leave the other half open. then other people who didnt get the chance before will see it, and if you are on the list but not in the part of the list posted you can still add your name and i will just remove it from the other list. this means if you are on the origional list you are guaranteed to get an axe (if you want one) but it will give others a chance.

probably over complicated but it will make sense later.

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
I'm on the original list and still interested too.
How about you put the original list back up and everyone still interested puts a tick or something like that against their name. Then, if there is any further spaces you could open the list back up on a first come first serve basis.
Just an idea

Cheers
Ness :)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Wow. Sounds a bot overly complex and also a bit unfair. :)

ah, well, i was planning to make it at least 100 posts or been a member for over 2 months... i dont want any trouble customers for cegga... i might change it but im not sure how much.

because of the large amount of people on the list, and the (probably) small amount of axes, if i just take the first ones from the list i may as well be sending the names straight to cegga, and it doesnt give anyone else a chance.
so what i might do is fill half the places with those from the list, and leave the other half open. then other people who didnt get the chance before will see it, and if you are on the list but not in the part of the list posted you can still add your name and i will just remove it from the other list. this means if you are on the origional list you are guaranteed to get an axe (if you want one) but it will give others a chance.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
You need to include people who put their name down on the original list. That is only fair. No doubt there will be some drop outs as is usually the case and some were design and/or price depending, and we were split between a SFA type and the Gotlands...

1 - _scorpio_
2 - British Red (design depending)
3 - QdanT (hawk)
4 - Trunks (??)
5 - Shewie
6 - Juraj
7 - korvin karbon
8 - JonathanD (Design Dep.)
9 - shaggystu (design dep.)
10 - familne
11 - DFCA
12- v-ness
13 - Hathor
14 - Tracer
15 - REDNECK ( design dependant)
16 - Col_M
17 - Luckylee
18-TeeDee ( Hawk design
19 - SCOMAN (Design dep)
20 - Roe Ring (Small camp axe pref.)
21-BornSlippy
22. Wilderbeast (design dependent & price dependent!)
23 - Kimba
24 Dougster
25 Revol
26 - Darkside (design dep)
27 Chrisj (SFA type)
28 Lynx
29 warthog1981
30 gorilla
31 Gibbsy (design dependant)
32 mayfly
33 Lou1661
34 Southey (Hawk and price dependant)
35 Rigel
36 The Cumbrian
37 Naefearjustbeer (design and price dependant)
38 Satosato (Price dependant)

Best thing to do would be to confirm price and design and then start a new thread with that list and ask people to confim or delete. Then we'll know what places are available.

Last edited:

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants

I can't think of a quicker way to make a lot of people angry. If you only have so many axes then you will need to offer them to everyone on the list in order of posting. As for people with less than a hundred posts etc I have 470 posts on BB which is almost a sister site to this one and I have a 100% rating on BB.

Can I suggest that you confirm the number of people who just want a SFA and then ask Cegga if he can suppy that number. If not you back to my earlier suggestion. Then if Cegga has a design in mind work out a price and ask the remaining list members if they still want one. Then ask Cegga if he can supply that number. If not then you offer them in order of the list.

This isn't rocket science and doesn't need to need to be made complicated. This way everything is sorted in a fair and orderly manner.

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
Apologies for dropping in uninvited but if there are secondary places in the event of individuals dropping out for whatever reason I would like to be considered, although I understand that there is much to sort out before anyone else might be allowed to join the fray :D

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just saying before this turns into a massive Bun fight, I alrady have A Cegga BR So I'm ONLY interested in a different design ( hawk ) So someone else please take 'my' space.

Cheers and Good Luck.!!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Just saying before this turns into a massive Bun fight, I alrady have A Cegga BR So I'm ONLY interested in a different design ( hawk ) So someone else please take 'my' space.

Cheers and Good Luck.!!

And updated with that...

1 - _scorpio_
2 - British Red (design depending)
3 - QdanT (hawk)
4 - Trunks (??)
5 - Shewie
6 - Juraj
7 - korvin karbon
8 - JonathanD (Design Dep.)
9 - shaggystu (design dep.)
10 - familne
11 - DFCA
12- v-ness
13 - Hathor
14 - Tracer
15 - REDNECK ( design dependant)
16 - Col_M
17 - Luckylee
18 - SCOMAN (Design dep)
19 - Roe Ring (Small camp axe pref.)
20-BornSlippy
21. Wilderbeast (design dependent & price dependent!)
22 - Kimba
23 Dougster
24 Revol
25 - Darkside (design dep)
26 Chrisj (SFA type)
27 Lynx
28 warthog1981
29 gorilla
30 Gibbsy (design dependant)
31 mayfly
32 Lou1661
33 Southey (Hawk and price dependant)
34 Rigel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE