Carving a simple Wood Spirit

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
My Grandson (then just over 1) ordered my set from EvilBay. I was looking, he hit return, I was hovering over buy now. Thought I might as well :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Prefer my Flexcut Carvin' Jack though ;). Stays razor sharp and all contained in a folder ;) Price of £100 is a little dear though
http://www.classichandtools.com/acatalog/Carvin___Cabinet_Jacks.html
I got mine off here secondhand and love it. :35:
Word of caution :nono: - I was advised to get a "wrong handed" one so you slice away from you instead of toward you. I use pull strokes more, so got a normal right handed one.
This doesn't read to good for them though, http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.com/forum/f38/flexcut-carvin-jack-1151/ , and axminsters don't appear to stock them anymore :yikes:

nenook

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 24, 2010
stafford
hi bought myself a set of hand carving chisels from amazon today 1.99 plus 2.50 pp they had one set left earlier on , thanks simon for your tutorial I had a go, at wood spirit the pics are on my thread titled heres something I made at christmas, thanks again

nenook

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Just to let you know this thread is still live - currently having a first go at carving a woodspirit - in fact my first attempt at carving anything!!

Laurentius

Native
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Something I have never tried so far but having seen the tutorial I might have a go. I like to make hiking staffs and walking sticks however I have rather different approach to them than most you will find.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES

The price is £27 and you can pay via the paypal button below.