Carving a simple Wood Spirit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
My Grandson (then just over 1) ordered my set from EvilBay. I was looking, he hit return, I was hovering over buy now. Thought I might as well :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Prefer my Flexcut Carvin' Jack though ;). Stays razor sharp and all contained in a folder ;) Price of £100 is a little dear though
http://www.classichandtools.com/acatalog/Carvin___Cabinet_Jacks.html
I got mine off here secondhand and love it. :35:
Word of caution :nono: - I was advised to get a "wrong handed" one so you slice away from you instead of toward you. I use pull strokes more, so got a normal right handed one.
This doesn't read to good for them though, http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.com/forum/f38/flexcut-carvin-jack-1151/ , and axminsters don't appear to stock them anymore :yikes:

nenook

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 24, 2010
stafford
hi bought myself a set of hand carving chisels from amazon today 1.99 plus 2.50 pp they had one set left earlier on , thanks simon for your tutorial I had a go, at wood spirit the pics are on my thread titled heres something I made at christmas, thanks again

nenook

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Just to let you know this thread is still live - currently having a first go at carving a woodspirit - in fact my first attempt at carving anything!!

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Something I have never tried so far but having seen the tutorial I might have a go. I like to make hiking staffs and walking sticks however I have rather different approach to them than most you will find.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE