Heads Up for Aldi Punch Set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I see that Aldi have a punch set with interchangeable heads up for sale this Sunday at £2.99.

Sizes of the punches are from 5mm up to 8mm.

I don't know what the quality is like but Aldi tools I've bought from the past have been pretty reasonable but for £2.99 you're not going to be too upset if they don't last that long

Replaceable-Punch-Set-A.jpg

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Do they punch metal ? And to what thickness in say titanium, stainless, steel, aluminium brass ?

For £2.99 do you honestly think you're going to get a set of punches that would punch holes in titanium let alone any other metal? :rolleyes:

It clearly says on the box in the picture they're ideal for leather, felt, rubber, plastics and cork

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
For £2.99 do you honestly think you're going to get a set of punches that would punch holes in titanium let alone any other metal? :rolleyes:

It clearly says on the box in the picture they're ideal for leather, felt, rubber, plastics and cork

Well you say that but that super thin foil they use for titanuim windshield you can punch with the one for ring binder holes. All a matter of thickness, i was only looking for 25mm stainless.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Sorry was just having a jest. If you treat your self to a set, you can Punch me on the nose !!!! I'll get my coat

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Following all this chat I got kim to pick one up. 6 screw in tips and a main "tube" that you wack. Got no pressing need for it at the moment but for the price seemed a good thing to have. Certainly feels well made.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I picked up a set - not too sharp (but that can be rectified easily) and with quite an obtuse grind ... OK for thin leather - not so good for thick leather....

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
I've had a set for about four years. Mine have a black plastic box to store them in. I've found them good to use on belt leather. Which is what I brought them for. I'm always having to add a hole to belts to get the nice fit that I want.
For the price mine have served me well. If you do a lot of leather cutting then of course you will want something better.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE