Car-based PSK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Forget things like a kelly kettle. IF you can safely leave your car and have a fire then fine, get warm, don't rely on one for cooking and boiling water.

stuff like this is handy for a car I would think

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0180683/Trail/searchtext>CAMPING+STOVE.htm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Emergency-Spa...l_Supplies_Disposables_ET?hash=item5d26fc4008

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1253

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRITISH-ARMY-...Collectables_Militaria_LE?hash=item3efa6c2d3d

Jar of instant tea, box of sugar cubes, dried milk, couple of tins of sardines/corned beef/spam, baked beans (ring pull type), few bars of chocolate and some biscuits plus a 5 litre bottle of water.

Usual car stuff, jump leads etc.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
With regards to the seatbelt cutter - I have a resqme tucked in the pocket of the visor. Not had to use it in anger but it looks OK.

IIRC I got it in a GB on BB and Jerseyman (a firefighter) had tested one and posted positive noises.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have just put together a (water proof) tool box wannigan to be used when out canoeing. It now lives in the boot of the car all the time.

It has all the basics that I would expect to need for a day on the water -
  • Basic food & hot drink ingredients
  • Stove & Fuel
  • FAK / survival bag / foil blanket
  • Cutting gear - Mora & folding saw
  • 1L Sigg bottle of water
  • Gerber multi tool
  • Lighters / Matches / Ferro rod
  • Tissues
In addition the car always has:
  • 5L potable water
  • Basic meds - Calpol / Paracetamol / Ibubrofen
  • Wet wipes / Hand gel
  • Car blanket
  • Old plastic tarp
  • Basic breakdown gear - Triangle / jump leads / spare bulbs & fuses etc
  • Torch
  • Hi viz vest

In winter I suppliment this with:
  • Sleeping bag
  • Shovel
  • Bag of road grit
  • Reading material
  • A few night light type candles (Don't worry - I will leave the window open a crack!)

Simon

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Re: The frosts clipper. The car isn't classed as private property and therefore you need to have a legitimate reason to have it in your car (even if it was locked away in a safe) just like you would carrying it in to the woods. You cannot have a fixed blade in your car "just in case" in the eyes of the law it would be viewed the same as if you were carrying the clipper in the middle of a city "just in case". I'd stick with a multi-tool as the other tools could come in handy in a breakdown.

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
I usually have most of what everyone else has mentioned in the boot of my car as well as a set of 58 webbing packed ready for use (it's for demonstration purposes at cadets really, but it's also got useful stuff: mess tins, hexi, socks, water bottle and mug, poncho etc). There's an old sleeping bag (probably one season at best) in the boot as well. It doesn't leave much room and I can never fit the shopping in at the weekend.

Claudiasboris

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Re: The frosts clipper. The car isn't classed as private property and therefore you need to have a legitimate reason to have it in your car (even if it was locked away in a safe) just like you would carrying it in to the woods. You cannot have a fixed blade in your car "just in case" in the eyes of the law it would be viewed the same as if you were carrying the clipper in the middle of a city "just in case". I'd stick with a multi-tool as the other tools could come in handy in a breakdown.

Well if hanging upside down with the car flooding or on fire is not a legitimate reason I don't know what is and it wouldn't be much use locked in a safe. I think it's all a load of B :censored: 's
I wonder what they class my jack handle as ?
cheers Danny

ganstey

Settler
I'm going to look into getting a ResQMe.

As for the knife, I think I'd have a hard time justifying it to Mr Plod if I was stopped. I'm sure they'd argue that there are safer, more appropriate tools to carry for that purpose. In theory I could argue it in court, but my job relies on me having a spotless CRB, so for me it's not worth the risk.

G

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE