Cannot believe it!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
You will have been targeted specifically mate, no one randomly breaks into a garage with the gear to shift 500kg of anything not mind the balls to pull it off, i doubt it was oppurtunist luck.

Did anyone else in you area get robbed?

Nope, just myself.

Lucky in the sense i had my pack inside ready to go out for a walk but still lost alot

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Thieving scumbags are everywhere and it seems there is always someone around at the wrong time. For example, my brother in law had his bike nicked from the front lawn while he went inside to make a cup of tea and my sister got burgled the night she forgot to lock up for the night!!!

Some toe rags here nicked all the drain covers a while ago so there must be iffy scrappies who take the stuff? Also got pulled over coming back from a night shift down the lanes by cops looking for a load of copper armoured cable someone had just pinched from the railway. Thing is I am a sparks and had some small armoured cable in my van but it was not the 100m of 240mm 3 core they were looking for!

Steve.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Look at the positives - you were insured and now you can buy lots of new shiny kit! :)

Regarding the cameras, I've got a Foscam weatherproof camera that works at night. It's linked to a small QNAP TS209 Pro II server that records permanently (stores about a week's worth, I think). Cost about £80 off eBay

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Anythings better than nothing though eh!:)

Oh yes! lucky in a way because i have just swapped for a rucksack and sleeping bag and i had one day pack in my house. Most sharps were inside too but ive just ordered new nato water bottles and mug and some other bits and pieces.

marooned

Settler
Jul 25, 2010
Somerset
That's really awful Ben, you definitely don't have much luck with your stuff. Hope you can get replacements easily and keep everything indoors

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feeling totally gutted for you Ben. Not a lot else that I can add that hasn't already been said. Just hope you get something out of this. Ditto about what Roger-UK said above. Had no experience challenging a claim but I've heard a few stories of people arguing the toss withtheir insurence company. Remember the compaines want to take as much from you in payments and cough out as little as they can in recompense. So nail 'em to a wall!

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Thanks everyone! :)
It is really disappointing but i hope the thief gets caught!
Just had a sort through and i have enough kit to get out with what i have ordered but i still need clothing. Track suit bottoms and a t shirt for now though!

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Gutted for you matey, I have been cleared out of all my tools once - my livelihood which is just the lowest of the low. The Police could do little even though it was part of a crimewave around all of the local villages which a good few vans, diesel and gas bottles from a garage were all targeted.
Everyone knew who were to blame, it did not take a genius given what was taken and then the "campers" moved on and it stopped....... strange that!:confused:

So when we moved and got a garage I secured it and alarmed it, when I got a new van I got new locks to the cost of £500 and it makes me sick that I have to go to such lengths because such pieces of **** exsist and although if they want my stuff enough they will get it but I doubt they will get in before I can get to them.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Hello everyone.

Just to update this thread... I was very unsuccessful with insurance, but after work/saving for a month i have put together all my kit for a couple of nights out. I still do not have all i need for the Pontypridd to Brecon walk but am trying to buy kit as i get the money. Thanks for all the support- your all such nice people :)

All the best, Ben

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Sorry to hear this Ben.

I've had stuff stolen over the years by opportunistic and planned theft. Gut wrenching.

Fingers crossed regarding the moral jugglers we call insurance companies.

Liam

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Hello everyone.

Just to update this thread... I was very unsuccessful with insurance, but after work/saving for a month i have put together all my kit for a couple of nights out. I still do not have all i need for the Pontypridd to Brecon walk but am trying to buy kit as i get the money. Thanks for all the support- your all such nice people :)

All the best, Ben

Glad you're sorted mate. Keep your kit in the house in future. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE