Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Great, so far we have...

Badgeringtim
R.lewis
Eel28
Wolfcrafter
Craeg

Probably hear from Kev when he returns.
Your right Sounds OK as of now

Badgeringtim
R.lewis
Eel28
Wolfcrafter
Craeg
Whittler Kev - Saturday visitor not camping (need electric or 12v)

Thought you might like the site link again
http://www.abingtoncampsite.org.uk/index.html
and details at post 27
Can you remind us of the cost again per day please? Do we need to fill in another form?

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Ive just posted this

I've just met a local sword maker selling tools and wot nots on our local car boot. Never knew he existed but he makes some lovely Damascus steel that he uses in his swords
http://www.paul-binns-swords.co.uk/

in edged tools.
He only lives near Wisbech and chatting to him seems a nice bloke. He wants me to make some stuff including blades and strikers. He's got a trip hammer - am I excited or what?

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
His swords are real nice, guy in my english martial arts has a viking style one.Proper nice, it snapped one the guys swords in practice!

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Bloody Hell Kev

That dude has some skills :notworthy. Which car boot did you see him? Was he interested in our hobby? Be great to see him working and put some work to a loca artisan would be cool.

I am looking forward to the w/e :camping: and meeting people :D
Cheers
Craeg

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Bloody Hell Kev

That dude has some skills :notworthy. Which car boot did you see him? Was he interested in our hobby? Be great to see him working and put some work to a loca artisan would be cool.

He was at Wimblington; The Skylark Sunday Market. It's massive. It took me two hours to walk round it.
He was the only stall with a cross peen hammer on it. When he asked what I wanted it for he said he had a forge, so we got chatting.
He had not heard of the Bushcraft site or the British Blades site, so I've sent him some links. His axes aren't to bad a price either

LITTLE ABINGTON BUSHCRAFT MOOT
Little+Abington+Logo+Badge+Small.jpg
BCUK+Logo+Badge+Small.jpg

Site Fees Per Person = £3 Day Visit / £6 Fri-Sun
:campfire::campfire::campfire::campfire::campfire::campfire::campfire::campfire:

Fri 24th (Night Only!) - Sat 25th - Sun 26th SEP 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attending

• Badgeringtim -- Sat-Overnight-Sun
  • WolfCrafter -- Sat-Overnight-Sun
  • R.Lewis -- Sat-Overnight-Sun
  • Eel28 -- Sat-Overnight-Sun
  • Craeg -- Sat-Overnight-Sun
  • Redwood Bushcraft -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun
  • Dale Smith -- Sat-Overnight-Sun
  • Whittler Kev -- Sat
Welcome to The Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire Thread, If you're thinking about delving into bushcraft with us, why not take a peek at WolfCrafters introductory YouTube Video and Blog Photos page..
YouTube Video Introduction of Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire
WolfCrafter Blog Photos of March 2010 Meet and June 2010 Meet
Little Abington Scout Camp main website

group.jpg

Please PM Badgeringtim for a list of site rules and a disclamer form!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Ok, Can do friday night too! But as I've promised Craeg a lift only if he can too!

Looking forward to it, should we bring anything in particular? i.e firewood etc.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Damn, I was hoping to check out your Polish Lavvu! Thinking of getting one for the winter as got a mini stove project to fit....

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Guys,
Great to see some more interest here and a few new faces;
Just an update I spoke to the site last night and the booking is not confirmed yet - it shouldnt be a problem it is just owing to problems their end and so they are behind with the bookings. Im hoping to be able to confirm tomorow.

Things to bring - please can everyone bring some ID, drivers licence p-port etc. Im not getting us all to fill forms in this time but we do have to have some check on site. can people make themselves known and pay (with the right change) when they arrive.

Last time the firewood pile was quite depeleated so if anyone does have any offcuts etc they would be a really good idea, also if anyone has any green or greesnish bits for people to have a whittle with that would also be good - we cant cut anything on site (there is a site TPO).

I am sure staying the friday wouldnt be a problem - no one was keen last time so i have actually only booked sat sun and i cant be there friday night to show anyone where we are etc. I will check once they get back to us though if anyone does want to do friday though and am sure it will be ok.

Fingers crossed for passable weather

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Not sure I could really do the friday anyway! Be tight as working and unable to leave early. So saturday onwards! And yes Craeg Defo give you a lift!

Cool that someone will have polish tent, so wanna get one for winter.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Litle abb MEET CANCELLED

The campsite just got back to me and that weekend they cant fit us onto the site. The booking person has been having some form of family business to attend to and was appologetic about the delay loking at the request but still it remains we cant get in on that weekend.

I really hope it isnt a problem for any of you especially those who booked holidays/made arrangements.
I have already asked about the next alternative date but am unlikely to hear for a few days.
The suggestion was made that the further we book in advance the easier it is - and thats probably my fault for not planning further down the line.

As soon as we get a date back i will book immdediately and then post here if no one wants to go on that date i can cancell, try it that way.

So kev how was it left with the 'other' site?
My vote is to go for a days meetup on that weekend anyway - i know Kev has a couple of possible locations he has come across out March way, so ....what do people think?

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Yeah i am a bit miffed but seems like there has been good reason for the chap to be pre-occupied so what can you do.....?

Come on kev lets see what you can pull out of the bag!

;-)

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Well if Doddington wood is a no go I'm still gonna camp out at my local spot. Its not official but never had an issue, its an old golf course gone wild and dissused. Anyone welcome to join me!

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
I keep getting put off from Doddington. Also he has off road put put's going through them most weekends (It's where he makes his living from) so giving up on the idea. The woods at March are still Ok but remember - no camping, water, loo's or fires so its just a Kelly Kettle type day meet, with carry in and out. Is R.Lewis's place better? If not I think Damascus is planning another Norwich meet soon and it's a cracking site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE