Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Anyone got a spare £49,000 laying about. http://www.woodlands.co.uk/buying-a-wood/east-anglia/hacons-wood/
Freehold about 4 acres with a stream

[h=1]Hacons Wood, Norfolk - About 4 acres, £49,000[/h]
hacons-wood-1.jpg
Hacons Wood is a private and secluded mature woodland that is accessible all year from an excellent stone track. This track runs along the side of a stream for much of the way to Hacon Wood. This is not only an attractive feature but also provides a valuable water supply for camping etc.
The entrance is a pleasant walk or drive of just over 400 metres from the road and by the time you reach Hacons Wood you are surrounded by mature forestry made up mainly of large Scots pine and a sprinkling of oak, silver birch, ash, rowan, holly and field maple.
The woodland floor is level and dry all year round although during the summer months it is covered with ferns. This provides shelter for both you and the resident deer to disappear from sight, whilst overhead in the tree canopy shards of light stream down through the upper limbs of the Scots pine. Being mature and well past thicket stage means the woodland is easy to walk through and you can spot various wildlife.
Just behind the woodland entrance an old ride has a large open space in which to set up camp. A bench has been placed to one side of the ride; a perfect spot to just sit and enjoy the ambience of the woodland.
The woodland's unusual name came from Hacon the Dane who in ancient times ruled the land around Pentney. He was eventually evicted by William 1st to make way for Norman Lords.
Bordered to the north by a large tract of forestry and to the south by fields where areas of game cover that attract roe and muntjac deer which are often seen ambling through the woodland: if you encounter one listen out for the deer to bark a warning to other deer as they scamper away.
Hacons Wood is perfectly located for anyone looking to enjoy this part of north Norfolk. Pentney Lakes Estate is close by with holiday accommodation to rent and offers great fishing for carp and catfish. Neighbouring East Winch Common is a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest and a number of public beaches can be found along the Wash only a short drive away.
Particulars and plans were prepared by our local manager, Matt Marples
The purchasers of the woodland will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Hi all, just got this message if anyones interested

"Hello everyone,

This coming Saturday is the last one in the month of May and it will be our first 'Last saturday of the month' event in Grimeshaw for this year. It is also the first one under our new name, Nene Coppicing & Crafts, as the Heritage Lottery funded project, 'Woodland heritage in Action' ended in January this year.
Why not come along and join us at our usual spot just off Essendyke (in Bretton, Peterborough) to meet up with old friends and spend some time in the woods?
Saturday, 28th May, 10.00am to 4.00pm
Best wishes,

Nene Coppicing and Crafts Team"

connieboy

Jun 19, 2016
Cambs
hi all not long joined the forum, would love to try wild camping at mo but I'm in the process of getting some equipment together, I don't fancy a first time wild camp solo, I live in Peterborough and was wondering if you guys still do camp outs?
Thanks
Con

connieboy

Jun 19, 2016
Cambs
hi all not long joined the forum, would love to try wild camping at mo but I'm in the process of getting some equipment together, I don't fancy a first time wild camp solo, I live in Peterborough and was wondering if you guys still do camp outs?
Thanks
Con

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Thanks for getting back to me, sometime in the next month and would be two max 3 of us

thanks again

wes
Let us know the date and we may get a few more to join you and I'll clear it with the owner. I have told him and he likes the idea as it keeps the poachers out:)
Ya know me...too close to my bed for me to sleep out but like the day meets

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Yet more funding cuts so goodbye to the Greeniversity initiative funding. Just received this with some upcoming events so get in quick

[h=1]Goodbye to Greeniversity[/h][h=4]2nd October 2016[/h]UPDATE: Greeniversity has been running for six years. Sadly a very challenging funding environment means that our project must now end. Thank you to all our great learners and teachers. We’ll continue to share events online at www.pect.org.uk and you can sign up to the PECT monthly newsletter by emailing jennifer.orrell@pect.org.uk. Click on www.pect.org.uk/greeniversity for more information.
[h=3]Ancient Woodland Conservation and Crafts[/h]With Nene Coppicing & Crafts
Thursday Woodland Conservation and Craft Day, 10am-4pm. Call Matt on 07736 308475 to find out when/where to meet, and what we're be doing.
Date: Thu 6th October 2016
Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm

[h=3]Green Backyard Conker Championships[/h]With The Green Backyard
Green Backyard 2016 Conker Championships, Sat. 8th October, 12noon-3pm, Green Backyard, Oundle Road , Peterborough. PE2 8AT.
Date: Sat 8th October 2016
Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm

[h=3]Badgers[/h]With Greeniversity Support PECT
Badgers - illustrated talk by Patrick Barkham, Wed. 12th October, 7.30-9.30pm, Brampton Memorial Centre, Thrapston Rd., Brampton PE28 4TB.
Date: Wed 12th October 2016
Time: 7:30pm - 9:30pm

Thursday Woodland Conservation and Craft Day, 10am-4pm. Call Matt on 07736 308475 to find out when/where to meet, and what we're be doing.
Date: Thu 13th October 2016

[h=3]Monitoring and Research in Wildlife Trust BCN[/h]With Greeniversity Support PECT
Monitoring and Research in Wildlife Trust BCN, talk by Josh Hellon, Thu. 13th October 7.30 onwards, St Andrew's URC, Ledbury Rd. PE3 9RF
Date: Thu 13th October 2016
Time: 7:30pm - 9:30pm

Date: Thu 20th October 2016

[h=3]Kids Tree Climbing[/h]With Nene Park Trust
Kids Tree Climbing, Wed. 25th October, 11am-3pm, Visitor Centre, Ferry Meadows Country Park, Ham Lane PE2 5UU. Call 01733 234193 to book.
Date: Tue 25th October 2016
Time: 11:00am - 3:00pm

[h=3]Wild Wednesday[/h]With Nene Park Trust
Wild Wednesday, Wed. 26th October, 10am-2pm, Discovery Den, Ferry Meadows Country Park, Ham Lane PE2 5UU. Call 01733 234193 for details.
Date: Wed 26th October 2016
Time: 10:00am - 2:00pm

Date: Thu 27th October 2016

[h=3]Wild Art[/h]With Nene Park Trust
Wild Art, Fri. 28th October, 10.30-12noon, Discovery Den, Ferry Meadows Country Park, Ham Lane PE2 5UU. Booking - call 01733 234193.
Date: Fri 28th October 2016
Time: 10:30am - 12:00pm

[h=3]Wild Art[/h]With Nene Park Trust
Wild Art, Fri. 28th October, 1.30-3pm, Discovery Den, Ferry Meadows Country Park, Ham Lane PE2 5UU. Booking - call 01733 234193.
Date: Fri 28th October 2016
Time: 1:30pm - 3:00pm

[h=3]Persephone's Bed - Autumn[/h]With Nene Park Trust
Persephone's Bed - Autumn - art installation with Charron Pugsley-Hill, Sun. 30th October, 10am-4pm, Ferry Meadows Country Park PE2 5UU.
Date: Sun 30th October 2016

[h=3]Apples Galore for Everyone[/h]With Nene Park Trust
Apples Galore for Everyone - free workshop, Sun. 30th October, 10.30am-4pm, Discovery Den, Ferry Meadows Country Park, Ham Lane PE2 5UU.
Date: Sun 30th October 2016
Time: 10:30am - 4:00pm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE