Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
OK copy and add your names

8th, 9th 10th Aug 2014 at Upwell Rd March

Yes

Whittler Kev

Maybe

Jacko1066

Skolding Woods - TL 42640 95730 on where's the path. Its just town side of Upwell Park Residential Home PE15 0DR - Behind the old disused house with the Harris metal fencing blocking the gates. If you go past the home there is a byway (Green lane) on the right that goes around the back of the woods but it has some deep ruts so be warned and you will need a 4x4
There will be no water or facilities or anything there so all carry in and out please
We are still on trial and there is a lot of wildlife there (including the overnight sleep place for a herd of local Deer) so no dogs, guns or bows please.

We shall have a group fire using the dead standing wood.
I reckon it should be take your own food and water though.

Any other stuff you need to know?

Oh BTW it is always at your own risk as I am not taking Public Liability Insurance out

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge

8th, 9th 10th Aug 2014 at Upwell Rd March

Yes

Whittler Kev
Leigh - 9th (What time? also, is this overnight available too?)

Maybe

Jacko1066

Skolding Woods - TL 42640 95730 on where's the path. Its just town side of Upwell Park Residential Home PE15 0DR - Behind the old disused house with the Harris metal fencing blocking the gates. If you go past the home there is a byway (Green lane) on the right that goes around the back of the woods but it has some deep ruts so be warned and you will need a 4x4
There will be no water or facilities or anything there so all carry in and out please
We are still on trial and there is a lot of wildlife there (including the overnight sleep place for a herd of local Deer) so no dogs, guns or bows please.

Oh BTW it is always at your own risk as I am not taking Public Liability Insurance out

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Yep if anyone wants to ;)

Friday afternoon 8th, Sat 9th and Sun Morning 10th Aug 2014 at Upwell Rd March

Yes

Whittler Kev

Maybe

Jacko1066

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Yep if anyone wants to camp overnight they're welcome too;)
I'm now going to be a little late Friday as on Holiday away. Date change to Saturday and Sunday for me. If anyone want's to stop Friday as well...no probs :)

Yes
Whittler Kev

Maybe
Jacko1066

Skolding Woods - TL 42640 95730 on http://yorkramblers.org.uk/OS/Chadwick.html where's the path[/URL]. Its just town side of Upwell Park Residential Home PE15 0DR - Behind the old disused house with the Harris metal fencing blocking the gates. If you go past the home there is a byway (Green lane) on the right that goes around the back of the woods but it has some deep ruts so be warned and you will need a 4x4
Oh BTW it is always at your own risk as I've taken Public Liability Insurance out :)

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Kev,

Clash of dates and not going to make it, it's the same weekend to the moot, so I will be supplying a radio link to the moot in Wales, set up over the farm at Hethel.

dave

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Still on for Saturday Kev?

Yep if anyone wants to camp overnight they're welcome too;)
I'm now going to be a little late Friday as on Holiday away. Date change to Saturday and Sunday for me. If anyone want's to stop Friday as well...no probs :)

Yes
Whittler Kev

Maybe
Jacko1066

Skolding Woods - TL 42640 95730 on http://yorkramblers.org.uk/OS/Chadwick.html"]where's the path[/URL]. Its just town side of Upwell Park Residential Home PE15 0DR - Behind the old disused house with the Harris metal fencing blocking the gates. If you go past the home there is a byway (Green lane) on the right that goes around the back of the woods but it has some deep ruts so be warned and you will need a 4x4
Oh BTW it is always at your own risk as I've taken Public Liability Insurance out :)

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
As Norwich is doing the radio repeater I was wondering if it was gonna be a bust. Yep I'll still go. looks like it's just us pair. Bottom end on the left looking from the road (as the map says) http://yorkramblers.org.uk/OS/Chadwick.html TL 42640 95730
Away from Tomorrow until late Friday so if anyone wants to know anything you'll have to text the mobile o7.....92S......ioi ....Bb7 if you get my drift :rolleyes:

Skolding Woods - TL 42640 95730 on http://yorkramblers.org.uk/OS/Chadwick.html"]where's the path[/URL]. Its just town side of Upwell Park Residential Home PE15 0DR - Behind the old disused house with the Harris metal fencing blocking the gates. If you go past the home there is a byway (Green lane) on the right that goes around the back of the woods but it has some deep ruts so be warned and you will need a 4x4
Oh BTW it is always at your own risk as I've taken Public Liability Insurance out

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Ok from 10am tomorrow but I shan't be late leaving Sunday as Hurricane Bertha is supposed to hit
Forecasters have warned that parts of Britain can expect almost a month's rainfall in the space of a few hours and strong winds, especially in the south, on Sunday, with the risk of flooding as the remains of hurricane Bertha reach this side of the Atlantic.

The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for rain for Sunday covering Wales and southern England, bringing at least a temporary end to a glorious summer. "There is the potential for widespread rainfall totals of more than 50mm and coastal gusts of over 60mph, along with large waves," said the Met. "However, the system may pass harmlessly to the south of the country or spread heavy rain even further north, and the public are advised to keep up to date with warnings."

The average rainfall for the whole of August in England is 69mm
medium_UrEcEGp-IuPQF3nBR0QUPV53BL1_ibQEyOe0G8bcvVw.jpg

Another storm is brewing before Bertha as we start the weekend

Friday will see an area of low pressure developing over France, this is forecast to move into southeast England and East Anglia through the morning with humid air this’ll bring heavy rain and some thunderstorms, a sit then moves into eastern then northeast England through the day. Heavy showers will break out through the Midlands and northern England too. Wales, southern and the southeast of England will have a fine day. Scotland and Northern Ireland will continue to have sunshine and showers but heavier and more widespread than recent days. These will be heavy and thundery and could bringthe risk of localised flooding.

Saturday is a much easier forecast, a dry day for many with spells of sunshine. There’ll be a fewshowers about mainly in the northwest.

Sunday Scotland and Northern Ireland look outside the main areas of risk and should have another day of sunshine and showers. For England and Wales as explained above it could be a day of heavy rain and gales, or, if the storm tracks further south it could be breezy with showers.

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Lots of damage from the recent winds.
The undergrowth is dying off.
Breezy but a lovely relaxed day out. Managed to get an old burnt piece of wood (charcoaled) alight from a ferro rod. Seen it done but the 1st time I've done it. Quite chuffed ;)
BTW....where's last Saturdays pics Leigh :confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE