Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Yes, he looks like a quality resource. Not the best 'presenter' compared to say Dave Canturbury or Ray Mears and I suspect that's why he is under the radar. But his skills are superior.

I suspect the quality of skills you would learn with this guy would be much more than if you paid out for Woodlore. I am giving serious consideration to signing up for a course.

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Wish I could make it. Any chance of a weekend meet?

The lakes tracks are underwater at the moment so need a boat for access. Should be getting railway stones in there fairly soon.

I am in the process of getting access to other woods also... So watch this space!

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I'm hoping to get out again soon been a difficult few months what with one thing and another.... See you all again soon hopefully.

Sent from somewhere?

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Went out again yesterday (Friday). Stopped till I needed my lights on to get home :)
Like this fire vid
[video=youtube;XcgLzPrJARQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcgLzPrJARQ&list=TLXwn qiqqjUo9C2I3N160hZMEvjKCw5_5T[/video]

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Caught two poachers, They had it away on their toes he he.
Used a mossi net today over the hammock. Needed it as the outside of the net had loads on it. Worked well as a hide as well as, saw loads of birds and a bunny;)

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
We (Rob Skolding and myself) tried to catch them in a pincer movement (see how I turned that for your military mind he he) but they legged it too fast for us dagnabit.
Mind you if we caught them what could we do....citizen arrest.....then they get a caution from the police..... better to give them a scare I reckon ;)

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Got up this morning and my back has loads of mozzi bites on it. Don't know how they got through the hammock I was on:confused:
May give it a powerwash today incase anything is on it from storage????
(Yes I do mean the hammock...not my back:rofl:)

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
We've seen the evidence of what the, er, monkeys shall we call them do down there didn't we Kev? That was the whole string and blood stained trees where they hang the poor things up!! Also the dug pits etc!! Good no your gonna be down there Kev, iv knocked footy on the head now, so as soon as I'm fully over this operation, 6 weeks to go, I will happily accompany you down there if that's ok? Hot dogs and boiled onions just don't taste the same at home.......... LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
It's hammered down all day. Very peaceful but I thought the rain dulled sounds so they didn't carry as much. WRONG. Sounded like an army near me. Cars, banging, etc.
Took an opportunity in a lull in the rain to pack up and get home.
Nylon tarp let a mist through so had to put my coat back on dagnabit. I was going to waterproof it but may make a new green one. 3M x 3M as seen some 1.5M wide for sale on EvilBay.....hmmmmm.....decisions, decisions
Click links to watch vids
Slideshow

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Rain only kicked in early afternoon in Cambridge. I hate the rain. The sound of rain on a tent or tarp drives me nuts for some reason and I get stressed out! Don't blame you on packing up and going home. Sitting in the rain in the woods is rarely fun.
Reminds me I need to patch up the burn holes on my DD tarp otherwise it will hold rain like a sieve next time it rains. But then if I had a canvas tarp..........

Good to hear you got out though kev. We have four seasons, generally all of them crap! No point hoping for a dry, sunny and warm day. Few and far between.

This rain won't do the lake tracks any favours either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE