Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Lovely day today. Had a smudge fire to keep the flies away.
:thinkerg: Need a digger at some point to fill in a bit of the top dyke (main road and home end) to make an easy access for all through the field near the housegoodjob

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Just had a thought....:thinkerg: ....I wonder if the fencing (Arras) they put round building sites would be strong enough make a bridge for the quad and walking over if it's laid across the dyke? It has thick outer bars and a fairly thick mesh covering

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
+1 to what Ricky said that stuff fall apart in high winds if it falls over. Also you might want to be careful about filling in ditches as I'm sure the council or landowner has a duty to keep them open to stop areas flooding. Just a thought???
You could pop down March yard and see if they have some old sleepers or bridge beams or a couple of old telegraph poles???

Sent from somewhere?

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Sleepers would be good. Not seen bridge beams but if they are what I think they are...yeay. Telegraph poles would be good as well
If I was going to fill a bit in I'd pipe it first to ensure drainage.............probably :rofl:
I was thinking of welding another couple of supports on the Arras

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Lot dropping today and good swaying. Tried to get an ember with the magnifying glass again but only got a few wisps of smoke as the sun either went in or was obscured by waving branches.
New ramp going in tomorrow hopefully.
Cutting the road in today and QuizzicalHaddock turned up. Nice to meet you dude;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE