Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Hi Kev

Just sent an email to the Little Abington scout site to see if it is still available to book. Pretty much fully booked next month so it may well be in the new year, but still have to wait to see if they will still let us use the sight. I will let you know and keep you posted as soon as I hear anything.

Cheers

Rick

Keeps us informed. May have a new site over here. Not finalised yet but big bit, unused, private and overgrown

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Thats the problem. Very few places here that you can even use a contained fire to make a brew (although I do have special permission at a few but for myself only) which is why I go to the Norwich or Cambridge meet. Cambridgeshire is the most deforested county in the UK :(
Anyone need a lift from March to Norwich on the 1st? ;) I'm going and have some free seats

gianni106

Nov 4, 2012
peterborough
I've been trying to get permission at a few locations but no one is interested I think only being 25 plays a big part in them not giving me permisson. Has anyone tryed over ramsey/ monks wood way?

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Wohoo :bigok:
Been to the new woods in March (TL 42744 95842 52.541754,0.103426)
So overgrown but dead wood everywhere :camping:
Its about 200yds square so should be OK and near the middle is a spot where a tree has fell over leaving a brill place to put up a tarp and the hammocks can be strung around it.:hammock:
No water or anything and sourrounded on two sides by deep dykes. The front access is through an old house and garden (about 250 yards long) or the other side is via a farmers fields headland (rough byway leading to it)
I went round the owners but he was out
He has agreed in principle but just need to finalise the details (may have to be there If there's a meet (to carry the can - so to speak - if anything goes wrong :deal:))
I'll post up some pics when I've had a word.
Spen...fancy a butchers???:naughty:

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi kev, it looks nice, just back from the 3 nighter with stu and the lads. they asked where you were and sent there best. let me know if / when you go down next for the day or a overnighter. all the best mate. carl

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
:dancer:
Wohoo. Just been for a walk around Skolding woods (TL 42675 95800 52.541389,0.102396) with the owner and had permission to form a group and use them.:bigok:
Not worried about campovers :camping::campfire::hammock: or anything as live wood not cut and all rubbish cleared up.
He's had some folks that can't speak english go down there and pit hunting the deer with crosbows :news:.
Theres oak white beam among the more unusual trees and hosts both black adders and grass snakes. Loads of bunnies apparently.
We will be on trial for two months but I can't see that being any problem so I reckon I might make a start a week Sunday (26th May).:welcome1:
If anyone fancies a day out copy the list, reply to the thread and add your name as usual
Meet at mine for 9:30 off if thats OK - 8, PE15 9NP (PM for Mobile please)

There will be no water or facilities or anything there so all carry in and out please

List for Sunday 26th May at Skoldings Upwell Park Woods nr March :-

1. Whittler Kev
2. Roman Soldier
3. Jacko66

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE